? 1/24 Jasper AMPS 127 +2 156 PMPS 77 +2 121

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rachel and Jasper, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom or anybody who is available to help.

Jasper has been throwing up tonight.i explained the whole situation on a post over on the main board. Shot time is in 15 minutes and I am wondering if tonight I should give a half dose?

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I spoke to you on the main health page.
    With a history of DKA in the past, I would give him a half dose and monitor the BG.
    As I said on main, cats that are fasting for surgery are given a half dose of insulin

3. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bron and Sheba (GA) Ok thank you, I will give a half dose, he has been doing so well lately and even at times seemed to be heading twords remission so I don't want to set him back at all but I think you are very right that is the safest bet tonight.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Rachel and Jasper likes this.
  5. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom thank you, I am definitely feeling a bit overwhelmed and just really hope both kitties feel better in the nexy day or two.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom +2 was 121. He barely ate at all, he had about 2 teaspoons of cooked plain chicken. Is it safe for me not to test at night or should I set an alarm for some time tonight to get up and test and maybe try to intice him with some chicken? I am happy to get up and test, I will most likely wake up to check on him anyway throughout the night.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Looks like he's headed up from here so tests may not be necessary. But you might want to try and get him to eat something later. It's not good for a DKA kitty to not eat. Tagging @Bron and Sheba (GA).

Rachel and Jasper likes this.
  8. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom ok I will set an alarm to try and feed him some chicken around 4 am, and plan on testing for keytones in the morning too. @Bron and Sheba (GA) would absolutely value your input as well if possible.

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Try and tempt him with whatever he will eat while he is unwell. Eating is really important as I’m sure you know.
    I hope things are better tomorrow. Please keep us posted.

10. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bron and Sheba (GA) he is eating a very small amount of the chicken now. Im hoping he can keep it down thanks to the Cerenia. I will try again for more in just a few hours and check in. I am assuming tomorrow I should also do a half dose should he still be barely eating at all.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom @Bron and Sheba (GA) they have eaten a small amount of chicken this morning. It was a long night but so far this morning they seem to be keeping that down since they ate it about half an hour ago. Should ai stick to the half dose this morning or check in at shot time? Shot time is in about 45 minutes.

Bandit's Mom likes this.