1/18 Mumf PMPS 381 dosing help

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MumfsFriend, Jan 17, 2022.

1. MumfsFriend

MumfsFriend Member

Good morning!
    My sugar cat recently earned himself two reductions in a row.. I haven’t done a full curve yet but the numbers I’ve gotten have been higher than usual so I’m wondering if I should walk it back a bit and go back up to one unit. I know the dosing isn’t done by pre-shots but nadirs but from what I’m seeing, he’s all in the yellow numbers.

I’m probably being a helicopter cat mom but I just feel like the second reduction might’ve been too quick. Would love some input, thanks!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

With SLGS you reduce whenever you see a bg under 90 and hold the dose for 7 days.

MumfsFriend likes this.
  3. MumfsFriend

MumfsFriend Member

Ok, so I’ll hold until Friday and then do a curve. I need to learn to be more patient, arrrgh.

4. tiffmaxee

If you switch to TR at some point reductions are under 50 and you don’t have to wait a week to increase.

MumfsFriend likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

FD definitely requires patience and tests us.

MumfsFriend likes this.
  6. MumfsFriend

MumfsFriend Member

I had been thinking about it because I will be working from home due to my fractured foot for a couple weeks. But then once I go back to work I’ll be back on my old schedule of not being able to test a lot during the days, so I’m not sure if it’s useful for me to switch back-and-forth in the course of a month, you know?

7. tiffmaxee

Switching back and forth won’t hurt and might help. You will have 2 weeks to see how he does. Then you can decide if you want to stick with TR or go back to SLGS. Many do TR and work.

MumfsFriend likes this.
  8. MumfsFriend

MumfsFriend Member

OK, so I have today off, so I can use the day to read up on TR and make a decision. If I decide to do it would I increase his dose again tonight or do I do a curve first?

9. tiffmaxee

With TR you test more and you catch the nadir and don’t need to do a curve. You can increase every 6-10 cycles. You could increase in the morning. You also don’t need to take back to back reductions. If you switch post every day and if not sure whether to shoot, stall, don’t feed and ask for dosing advice.

MumfsFriend likes this.
  10. MumfsFriend

MumfsFriend Member

Thanks!!

11. MumfsFriend

MumfsFriend Member

He’s already received his morning shot, so I’ll read up, test at nadir and then see where I’ll go from there :)
    Maybe a two week TR phase is just what we need!

tiffmaxee likes this.