1/17 Max AMPS 560

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Max & Lori, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Holy cow! You weren’t kidding! I’m trying to be optimistic and say that this is the price for those lovely greens. But wow! I hope he will come down quickly!

Are you iced in today or will you be able to get to the vet today?

Max & Lori likes this.
  3. Max & Lori

I know, I really hate to see numbers like that. I knew he would bounce but didn’t think it would be this bad. He threw up all of his breakfast. He probably ate it too fast. He seems okay otherwise. Right now there’s some ice on the roads but it is a beautiful clear sky with bright sunshine so hopefully by this afternoon we will be okay to go. We live on some back roads but once I make it to the highway, it should be fine from there. But oh gosh do I dread taking him to the vet. He will have us both worn out by the time I get back!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Max clears the bounce soon. I hope the ice has melted by this afternoon. Be careful.

Max & Lori likes this.
  5. Max & Lori

Where is the least expensive place to get Ondansetron? I was getting it at CVS with a good rx card but the pharmacist last time told me it couldn’t be used for pets. It was over $100 for 15 tabs. Never had a problem there before. So I’m looking for other options on that.

6. Suzanne & Darcy

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh no. That’s ridiculous. I bought mine at Kroger for a decent price. I have thought about whether it would be worthwhile to join one of these savings clubs offered by the various pharmacies - where you get better prices - I have noticed that they say it can be used for pets. It’s very frustrating about the Good Rx coupons. Sometimes they put them through and I get the discount and other times they say no. I have come to think it just depends on who is checking me out at the pharmacy! Drug prices are such a scam! Everyone pays a different price.

Max & Lori likes this.
  8. Max & Lori

That’s what I thought. It depends on who the pharmacist is that fills the rx.

9. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

Maybe search the good rx app for best price in area? Cvs has changed last few years. Gotten more holier than thou. I've heard stories where even if a dr prescribes if cvs thinks you shouldnt have it they wont fill. In some cases they wont give your script back to fill somewhere else

Suzanne & Darcy and Max & Lori like this.
  10. Max & Lori

11. Max & Lori

I believe it! They are getting difficult to deal with.

12. Suzanne & Darcy

307 is better than 560! Besides it’s pretty close to yellow!

Max & Lori and Rainbow Conti like this.
  13. Suzanne & Darcy

That’s true what Rainbow said about CVS. My husband had a terrible time dealing with them recently. The doc had prescribed a certain size/amount of a medicated cream and CVS didn’t think he needed that much. So they just converted it into to a smaller size tube. They also tried to say insurance would not cover that large size, so he said that he didn’t care, he would just pay cash. They didn’t like that either. It took quite a few phone calls back and forth between him and the doctor’s office and the pharmacy to finally get a large tub of a steroid cream that cost maybe $11.00. I wish our insurance didn’t make us use CVS! I had a terrible time dealing with them trying to buy Lantus s well. I ended up at an independent pharmacy who gave me a much better price than CVS! The people at the local independent pharmacy were so nice too and found me a coupon where I could get Lantus for only $99 a vial. Later we switched to Levemir and Mark’s Marine pharmacy (they’re helpful.). That’s big chain stores for you!

Max & Lori likes this.
  14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Wow! That's even more expensive than Canada, and that says a lot. The Zofran name brand here is more expensive that what you were quoted. Not for nothing we quote the yellow colour is a fine layer of gold. You want a generic form, which should be a lot cheaper. I've heard Costco is a good price.

Looks like Max is sliding down. Safe travels.

Max & Lori likes this.
  15. Suzanne & Darcy

Max & Lori likes this.
  16. Suzanne & Darcy

Blue!

Max & Lori likes this.
  17. Max & Lori

I found Ondansetron on Chewy. They will contact the vet for the RX. Although she’s written one out for me that I have. It’s only $9.00 for 30 tabs. Has anyone else ever ordered prescription meds from Chewy? The vet also is going to try Max on Budesonide. I see that Chewy has that also, but the vet has already contacted Vets First Choice to have it compounded. I don’t know how much it is there. Do most people use the liquid or the capsule? @Wendy&Neko do you have any words of wisdom on the Budesonide? We were going to wait and see how the novel protein diet does, but she went ahead and prescribed it. The novel protein diet is helping him but he doesn’t eat it that well. He likes the rabbit but he likes variety and doesn’t like the other flavors.

18. Max & Lori

Also his exam went well. He’s up to 19 pounds (wow). She did the chemistry panel along with the T4 included. I have to take him back after fasting for 6 hours to get his GI panel. She said he looked good and Max got a lot of love from his vet and the other ladies there. His glucose was 202 at the vet.

19. Suzanne & Darcy

I have ordered a lot of pet meds from Chewy before. It’s sometimes a little slow, but in my case sometimes it is because they have to contact the vet and the vet is slow to respond. Other than that, I haven’t had problems.

Max & Lori likes this.
  20. Suzanne & Darcy

This sounds great!

21. Max & Lori

Awesome. I placed an order so I will wait for them to contact my vet.

22. Wendy&Neko

Sounds like a great vet visit! Weight gain is good. :)

I started with budesonide pills, but Neko was a pilling challenge and on so many other meds that I eventually got it compounded. That also made it much easier for me to change the dose when we decided to do it. Budesonide pills are tiny. Pill cutting produced a lot of what I called bude bits, so wasted a lot.

23. Max & Lori

So it didn’t affect Neko’s BG?

24. Wendy&Neko

No.

Max & Lori likes this.
  25. Max & Lori

PMPS +3 452 What happened now?!? Another bounce? Maybe he’s going high before low again. I just don’t know about this cat and his bouncy self. I’m taking advantage of going to bed early tonight.

Tiger(GA) and Ruth likes this.
  26. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

So glad to hear you had a good vet visit, plus 202 BG at the vet would have been amazing due to vet stress for my
    Tiger LOL! Hope Max's tummy is better and the smartest thing you can be doing is going to bed early when he's bouncing to the moon because you really can't tell if he's going back to green tomorrow. Yesterday was such a nice cycle for him afterall! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

p.s. I was never a fan of CVS after they charged me nearly $400 for my first bottle of insulin. That was before I learned about Mark's so see, Canada isn't always more expensive for meds.

Max & Lori likes this.
  27. Max & Lori

Thanks so much! What they charge for meds sometimes is really ridiculous. You have some pharmacists who try to help with a discount card and others who just don’t want to bother.