1/15 Callie AMPS 99; PMPS 105, +2 90, +3.75 67, +4.75 66

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jessica A, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Jessica A

Jessica A Member

previous: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-5-callie-amps-98-pmps-86-2-70.257522/#post-2897304

Not much new to report -- Callie has been doing well overall (anti-jinx!) and we've been chugging along at 1.75U for 19 cycles as of this am.

I know that the TR protocol says you can attempt a reduction when "the cat regularly has its lowest BGs in the normal range of a non-diabetic healthy cat (50 - 80 mg/dL) while staying under 100 mg/dl overall for at least one week" but I'm not sure how flexible that is so I wanted to reach out to you all for some guidance.

Callie has had some readings in the low 100s over the last week+ (mostly AMPS but a couple of other times as well.) Given that, should we continue to hold her current dose or is it worth attempting a reduction to 1.5? I'm happy to keep her dose as is if that's the better move....

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Surf safely kitties. :cat:

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

The AMPS is the last number to fall in line. Her AMPS is blue but largely within meter variance of green. I would attempt a reduction and see if she holds it.

@tiffmaxee

Jessica A likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I agree.

Jessica A and Bandit's Mom like this.
  4. Jessica A

Jessica A Member

Great, we'll reduce to 1.5 tonight and then keep a close eye on her numbers -- especially once the larger depot is drained. Thank you both! :)

Bandit's Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Good luck!

Jessica A likes this.
  6. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Good luck :woot::woot:

Jessica A likes this.
  7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Are you giving Callie a snack at around +8 or +9 during the PM cycle? A bit of food may help bring the AMPS lower. The snack at +11 won't help -- it may inflate the AMPS.

(Callie and Gabby look like they could be littermates!)

Jessica A likes this.
  8. Jessica A

Jessica A Member

Thank you!

9. Jessica A

Jessica A Member

Thanks for this reminder. I was feeding at +9/+9.5 for a while but lately, I've been feeding whenever Callie wakes me up for food (usually between +10 and +11) rather than setting an alarm for earlier. Bhooma had suggested an automated feeder a while back for this reason and I meant to search for stainless bowls that could fit in one. I've got to get back to that.

They really do!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Jessica A

Jessica A Member

We reduced to 1.5 tonight and Callie decided to change things up a bit as well :rolleyes: -- instead of doing her usual slowing down/ flattening out between +2 and +4 she dropped from 90 to 67. I fed regular LC and will get a +4.75 to see what direction she's going in.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Ashleigh & Ares

Ashleigh & Ares Well-Known Member

Callie is looking AWESOME!

Jessica A likes this.