09/29 Jackson - AMPS 107 (and Proteinuria questions)

Continuing from this 09/27 post:
@Wendy&Neko I'm reading up on the link you sent me and I see:
1790679935559.png


Where it says "Three urine samples should be collected over a minimum period of two weeks before a conclusion is drawn." Does that mean he has to go to the vet for 3 urinalysis tests in 2 weeks, and have 3 UPCR tests done?

"known as proteinuria but sometimes referred to as microalbuminuria"
Jackson's Albumin has been a little high in his blood work. Does that mean anything?
1790679896814.png
 
Been a while, but I think Neko went two additional times for the UPCR test. Your vet can help you with this.

Albumin is a measure in the blood, microalbuminuria is a measure in the urine. From what I read, high albumin might just mean dehydrated.
 
Been a while, but I think Neko went two additional times for the UPCR test. Your vet can help you with this.

Albumin is a measure in the blood, microalbuminuria is a measure in the urine. From what I read, high albumin might just mean dehydrated.
Thanks. I'll have to ask her. I emailed her most of what I wrote here and her receptionist called back and said my vet agrees whole heartedly with getting the UPCR test and that I should bring him back in 3 months. I was told I can do either free catch or bring the whole cat in. I told her I can make an appointment for December 21st, and to please confirm with my vet that I can do a free catch. She called back and said yes my vet said a free catch would be fine. Luckily Jackson is easy to get a free catch urine sample from.
I just called the vet hospital again to ask if I need to do 3 UPCR tests within 2 weeks (as it is a long drive, and if it is snowing or something.. I won't want to make that long drive, and how much will the tests cost for 3 tests, ...but it's for my cat...).
She said she would ask the vet, and get back to me on Thursday.
 
I was always told urine had to be via cysto. Neko was very easy to get urine from and would have done that if I could have.

If you are having to BCS more than once at this dose, you might want to take him down another 0.5 units.
 
I was always told urine had to be via cysto. Neko was very easy to get urine from and would have done that if I could have.

If you are having to BCS more than once at this dose, you might want to take him down another 0.5 units.
I thought that too, on both counts.
I've never done free catch tests, and I'll take him down to 13 tomorrow. Thanks,
 
Back
Top