09/15 Kirby amps 230 +10 231

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chrissyt7183, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Chrissyt7183

Chrissyt7183 Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Good morning. I’m going to link your previous post. Be right back.

3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

4. Critter Mom

Hi Chrissy,

How are you and Kirby doing today?

Mogs

5. Critter Mom

Great minds... ;)

Mogs

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. Critter Mom

7. tiffmaxee

I’m glad you looked at the other condos and spreadsheets and they helped you come up with questions to ask. As you gather more data you will be able to shoot lower. From the little you have I think your no shot or reduced shot number should be under 150. Do you agree Mogs?

8. tiffmaxee

To link the condos you copy the URL’s at the top of the page. Then you paste it into the first message you write. I didn’t know how to do that when I first started either!

You can see how not shooting yesterday caused his bg to rise. If you had just started insulin when you started your spreadsheet we would need more information to pick a no shot number. For now since you are following SLGS, please add it to your signature. I think it’s a good one to follow while learning how Kirby responds. When you weren’t testing you had no idea. You have been able to drop from 2 units to 1 just by the food change. Of course it’s up to you if you prefer TR.

9. Chrissyt7183

Chrissyt7183 Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/09-15-kirby-amps-230.235352/#post-2635373

10. Chrissyt7183

Chrissyt7183 Member

hello I think I linked it. looks like you did too. and I agree on the 150 no shoot or reduced. what would reduced be 25 percent?

11. tiffmaxee

The reduced dose for that one cycle would be decided by trial and error. I’d start with 25% and see how that works. I might shoot even a lower number than that IF it’s a day or night when you are going to be home and can monitor for as long as needed and have plenty of test strips and high carb and honey if needed. What do you think?

12. Chrissyt7183

Chrissyt7183 Member

yes if im not working I can be around to monitor. with supplies. understood

13. tiffmaxee

So if home perhaps post and see how low. If working make it 150 for now.

14. Critter Mom

Sounds OK provided reduced dose is small enough when it's not possible to monitor during the cycle.

Agree on the reduced dose being 25% of full dose based on where Kirby's at BG-wise at the moment.

Question: How much lower (i.e. where would you put the second 'definitely no shoot' number for where Kirby's at data-wise at the moment)?

I'd be inclined to hold back for a little while before reducing the no-shoot limit until Chrissy has more data for Kirby and she feels a bit more confident of Kirby's safety at lower numbers. (Thinking about server glitches here as well.)

My two penn'orth.

Mogs

15. Chrissyt7183

Chrissyt7183 Member

I'm testing him frequently, in all parts of the cycle, to collect data and see how Kirby reacts in his cycle. Just so I understood, if Kirby is at 150 or under for now shoot 25 percent or full dose if I'm able to be home to monitor?

Critter Mom likes this.
  16. tiffmaxee

Yes. Stick with 150 for now. It’s the safest. I know you are testing a lot and that will help us to help you.

Critter Mom likes this.
  17. Chrissyt7183

Chrissyt7183 Member

so full dose if im able to monitor?

Critter Mom likes this.
  18. tiffmaxee

Yes. Full dose if 150 or higher. Stick with 25% if you can’t monitor. Another person’s spreadsheet to look at is Mandy/Sissy. She tried to do TR but it was too stressful so she switched to SLGS for now and she’s doing great.

Critter Mom likes this.
  19. Chrissyt7183

Chrissyt7183 Member

ok ill check it out

Critter Mom likes this.
  20. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Nice job on the title today :)

Thank you Chris!

21. Chrissyt7183

Chrissyt7183 Member

thanks

22. tiffmaxee

Hi. Just checking to see how you are doing. Add the PMPS and any tests you did to the title bar please.

23. Chrissyt7183

Chrissyt7183 Member

We are good. He’s steady even though I missed Monday’s am shot. I think I should hold 1 unit but others suggested going back to 1.25. What are your thoughts ? And should I hang on couple more days. ? Also I don’t like drawing up quarter doses. I feel I’m not as accurate.also I’m home next two days. I will be testing more.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  24. tiffmaxee

Start a new condo for today while I look over your ss and read.

25. tiffmaxee

I don’t see where the 1.25 was suggested but I think it’s fine you increased.