06/24 Misty PMPS 216 AMPS 83 PMPS 50 Dose? Testing?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by rowena, Jun 24, 2022.

1. rowena

rowena Member

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M2x10rbmYrLOfdXgpRP2l__HlZzlDW3YyLgFnhcB0z4/edit

Hi there (apologies for long post)
    I haven’t posted for ages. Misty has been doing well on 3.5u and I’ve been ridiculously busy.
    Her UTI took a while to clear, but I think it’s gone now. she’s been having good numbers and less wild bouncing, but every few cycles she’s been going lower and lower. Tonight she was 50 preshot and I’ll have to monitor her closer. She had not eaten for 3 hours and she had not eaten as much as usual all day. She was ravenous.
    my difficulty has been her cold ears and her getting fed up with me trying to warm them and then testing. I had to shoot blind twice recently. It was very distressing.
    I’m wondering if I should maybe reduce the dose to 3.25u and see if she stops going so low and secondly if I could sometimes avoid the mid cycle test when she’s on the high part of the bounce. I want to keep her patience for the preshot tests.
    thanks for your time.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Rowena. Good to hear from you.
    Did you give the dose with the 2.8 preshot?
    I am a bit concerned you are not able to test during the cycles when the preshot is so low.
    Yes you need to reduce the dose as she dropped under 2.7 4 days ago and could easily have dropped again today with a preshot of only 2.8.
    I would try and get at least one test in during this cycle and give her some higher carb food to bring her up a little bit.
    New dose 3.25 units

3. rowena

rowena Member

Hi Bron
    Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I gave the dose and I will test during the cycle tonight. I was so hoping for some sleep…Last time she was low, I had to go out and stressed the whole time that I should not have given the shot. She was ok when I got home, thankfully. I gave her some gravy food and I will in a minute too. I’ve ran out of her favourite broth - the brown one - but have plenty of the others, so hopefully she will let me test a couple of times at least. I will reduce the dose in the morning.
    I’m juggling too many balls at the moment. Not sure which one I’m going to drop, but I hope it isn’t misty.
    Thanks again and I’ll keep you posted.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

You are doing a great job looking after her. I know she isn’t easy to test but it looks as if you are managing it well and juggling the new job and the kids. Not easy. I would just make sure you can test if she is low and give her some higher carb food if necessary.:)

tiffmaxee and rowena like this.