04/22 Kitty PMPS 287 +3 235 +4 224 +8 182 +10 201

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Corey & Kitty, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

Yesterday: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/04-21-kitty-pmps-257-3-182-4-174-5-166-6-184-10-233.262289/

Seems like she might hang out in the mid-200s range for her pre-shots at this new dose.

I have to leave for work at +1.75 today. Is there any point to testing at that time before I leave since the onset usually isn't until +2 anyway? I don't want to poke her ears unnecessarily if I don't have to, she has been slightly more resistant to me poking her ears lately.

My lunch break is a bit later today so I wont be back to check on her or feed her until +6.5. So I'm going to put some food in her automatic feeder and set it to feed her at +4. The last time I used the feeder she wouldn't eat the meals that had sat there for a few hours so I'm not sure if she will this time but I don't want to leave her with nothing. If she hasn't eaten any of it by the time I get home for lunch then I'll feed her again myself, although it will be a bit late.

EDIT: Does it seem normal that there would be such a difference between yesterday's PM cycle and today's AM cycle at the +6 mark? Can she have an additional but smaller bounce since she had lower numbers again last night?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

No, not much point in testing before her usual onset, unless you think something out.of the normal trend is happening.

Looks to be an "inactive"/flat cycle. They happen, it's normal, no clear reason why. But there is an anecdotal saying around here that flat yellow means action to follow (but, ECID). So she may make tonight interesting again (another rule of the FD universe, it's always at night. Always)

Corey & Kitty likes this.
  3. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

Hi,

Just checking in with tonight's +3 BG. Do you think I need to do much testing tonight? I'll probably grab a +4 before I feed her again.

4. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

It's a bit of a drop so you could set something for like +7 but I personally would take the opportunity to sleep. I dont see lower greens in her future tonight (never a guarantee of course).

5. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

So, I checked at +8, and she was lower, went down to 182. I just checked at +10 and its 201. I'm just wondering, AMPS is in 2 hours, if she's still sitting right at 200 should I still give the full dose? I'm leaving for work 45 minutes after the AM shot today and wont be back around to check on her until +5.5.

6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes. She is seeing nadirs over the normal range on this dose. It is safe to give the full dose. Feed a little before you leave and also leave food out for her.