? 04/17/2022. Princess. +11 @ 7.0. Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Raven786, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Raven786

Raven786 Member

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I would be inclined to stay with the dose you gave this morning (0.75 unit). See what the PMPS is.
    You can always go back up in dose if this dose is not enough.

3. Raven786

Raven786 Member

Thank you.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I have a few housekeeping suggestions:
    • If I may make a suggestion... It's best to put the US version of your test results in your subject line. The majority of members are from the US so if there's an issue with Princess' numbers, it may fly under the radar.
    • We recommend that you link your thread from the previous day to the current day's thread. You mentioned that you were given information previously. Linking the thread allows us to go back and see that information. It also means it easier for you to backtrack if you've looking for information that was posted in one of Princess' threads. Linking the threads provides continuity and you don't have to search the entire forum to find something.
    • You currently have 3 different threads going for today. This is a very busy forum with many members. We ask that you have one thread per cat per day. I'm not going to merge the threads (it's something that a Moderator can do) but I would appreciate your only opening one daily thread for Princess so all of the day's information is in one place.
    Princess was diagnosed in January and you've been here since February. We encourage you to start shooting lower numbers. One of the guiding principles of using Lantus is "shoot low to stay low." It looks like you were home all day. You could have given shooting a lower number a try. On the other hand, you may not feel quite ready to shoot 108. What I suggest is that you think about how much lower you would feel comfortable shooting and gradually work your way down. If you look at the spreadsheets of cats who are in good numbers, you'll see that people will ultimately shoot anything above 50. Just as an example, Kyle, Hendrick's caregiver, shot a 71 at PMPS. This is a link to the thread so you can look at the spreadsheet.

5. Raven786

Raven786 Member

I'm in Canada so we go by metric. I did shoot low today and it wasn't the first time, the lowest I shot but with a token dose.Yesterday was her increase from 1.50 units to 1.75 units. I also switched Princess from caninsulin to lantus at end of February. I switch from SLGL to TR on April 6th. I joined this message board in January but havent been using it, until recently. I was posting on the Facebook group.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hello and welcome.

I'm in Canada too (also started on Caninsulin), plus there are quite a few other people here from other countries who used mmol/L. However, we still report in mg/dl (still metric, just older version) because most of the people who help with dosing are from the States and understand mg/dl. You'll soon find yourself bilingual. :) The spreadsheet does the conversion for you.