04/16 Mikey AMPS 223--New member

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawn Lien, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Dawn Lien

Dawn Lien New Member

Hello,
    I'm new to this. I have updated Mikey's spreadsheet for the year, he is on 5 units of Lantus twice a day. Can you please let me know if you are able to see it? Thank you, Dawn

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Welcome. I can see your spreadsheet. We ask new members to post an introduction on the main/health forum. Once that is done you can start posting here.

One thing I will say right away is that if you follow one of our dosing methods it would be SLGS. Reductions are earned if the bg is ever under 90. Mikey is getting too much insulin. Lantus is dosed based upon how low it takes your cat. More testing between +4-7 is needed but seeing the bg under 90 means he’s getting too much and then bouncing high. Read the stickies at the top of the forum page and please post an intro.

Your spreadsheet says he was diagnosed is 2012. Is that correct?

3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Dawn and Mikey, welome to FDMB!

That 47 on the AT2 on the night of 4/12 indicated that 5U is too much for Mikey. Irrespective of which dosing method you are following. Here are the 2 methods we follow here:
    Dosing Methods: Start Low, Go Slow (SLGS) & Tight Regulation (TR)

Which dry food are you feeding him? There are only 3 brands that are low carb. All the others (including prescription food) are too high in carbs.

Btw, it would be a big help to us if you can add all of Mikey's information to your signature? It's basically a summary of the information we need about your cat to give you advice. The spreadsheet and signature are the things we look at when asked for advice. It saves us asking you the same questions again and again especially when the question is time critical like stalling or low numbers. It also saves you the effort of giving us the information every time you post!

Here's how you can set-up your Signature:
    • In the Menu, under your user name, click on Signature.
    • Add info we need to help you:
      • Caregiver & kitty's name
      • DX Date
      • Name of Insulin (do not include dose or frequency)
      • Name of your meter
      • Diet: "LC wet" or "dry food" or "combo"
      • Dosing: TR or SLGS or Custom (if applicable)
      • DKA or other recent health issues (if applicable)
      • Spreadsheet link. Please put the signature link on the bottom line of your signature information, on its own, so it is easy to find.
    • Please do not put any information about your location in the signature for security reasons. If you wish to add your country location, please add it to your profile.
    • There is a limit of two lines. You may separate info with commas, dashes, | etc.
    • Be sure to click the 'Save Changes' button at the bottom.

4. Dawn Lien

Dawn Lien New Member

Thank you. I'll work on this.

Bandit's Mom likes this.