01/16 Haley - OTJ Update PM +4 271

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Haleysmom, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Haleysmom

Haleysmom Well-Known Member

271 :( So frustrated. Why does she go up at night? Is that just the way she is? I just looked at her 2021 spreadsheet when she started her OTJ trial. Sometimes, she was higher at night, then, too (but she was in the green). She sometimes comes down, now, too, so is her pancreas working or not?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  2. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

Her pancreas might be trying to get back to enough insulin production, which might be why her numbers come down some of the time after food - having the number drop after food is generally a good sign. Most cats run lower at night, but there are some who do the opposite of what you expect...and some seem to flip-flop between being lower during the day and lower at night. That 160 she had at mid-cycle today was a much better number, so she is definitely running lower at least some of the time.

Haleysmom likes this.
  3. Haleysmom

Haleysmom Well-Known Member

manxcat419 likes this.
  4. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Hi Shirley, i am very sorry for Hailey’s BG increase :bighug: i don’t want to be a party pooper but when will you decide it’s time to start insulin again? If it were Chico, we would have already because the sooner you bring their numbers down the higher the chance of a second remission :blackeye::blackeye: good luck and i really hope your wait pais off