10/12 Shelly AMPS 368 +2 287 +4 255 Dosing help

Carina and Shelly

Member Since 2026
PP

Hi FDMB,

We have made it though 10 cycles at the current dose of 1.0u. We have stayed relatively high with the exceptions of a little blue and two dips into the green, with the second being last night. The Libre alarm was going off incessantly for about an hour, reading in the low 50's. I was able to get a ReliOn reading of 72 at + 4.25 when the Libre was reading 52.

Is she bouncing today? Should we increase tonight or wait?

Thank you for any support you can offer.
 
Shelly is bouncing from last night’s lows.
Sorry you endured the dreaded sensor alarms when they drop lower.
It’s great you could verify with a blood test to keep her safe! 💪💓
I’ve found that what tends to kill the sensor is many hours on a very low range on the Libre.
I believe the sensor “thinks” the patient is in danger and it is malfunctioning if they stay in a low range.
Since we are using the Libre off label for our cats, it doesn’t seem to understand that they are in a safe range if they are 72 like you tested her on your handheld device.
It’s definitely one of the pitfalls of using a Libre.
 
Shelly is bouncing from last night’s lows.
Sorry you endured the dreaded sensor alarms when they drop lower.
It’s great you could verify with a blood test to keep her safe! 💪💓
I’ve found that what tends to kill the sensor is many hours on a very low range on the Libre.
I believe the sensor “thinks” the patient is in danger and it is malfunctioning if they stay in a low range.
Since we are using the Libre off label for our cats, it doesn’t seem to understand that they are in a safe range if they are 72 like you tested her on your handheld device.
It’s definitely one of the pitfalls of using a Libre.
Thank you. Yes, definitely a pitfall. Her bouncing numbers look similar to some of the higher numbers we've seen on this dose. Even so, does it make sense to hold the dose for today? I'd love to get her some lower numbers in general...
 
Hi Carina. I hope someone more experienced helps you out on your question about dosing. I'm not really comfortable giving dosing advice, so my gut would be to hold your dose until someone more experienced can give you a review and advise an increase. To me, it looks like Shelly is bouncing from the greens last night, so any increase shouldn't be based on the current bouncing numbers. A decision to increase would be based on the fact that she isn't staying in the green zone for very long, and still has a little bit of room (but not much) to lower her nadirs (62 on 10/8 and 69 on 10/11). If it were my Bell, I'd let her try to break the bounce on the current dose and get back to those greens tonight or tomorrow.

Bell is in the same sort of pattern here recently where she is getting to green and the immediately bouncing. It is annoying :rolleyes:
 
Hi Carina. I hope someone more experienced helps you out on your question about dosing. I'm not really comfortable giving dosing advice, so my gut would be to hold your dose until someone more experienced can give you a review and advise an increase. To me, it looks like Shelly is bouncing from the greens last night, so any increase shouldn't be based on the current bouncing numbers. A decision to increase would be based on the fact that she isn't staying in the green zone for very long, and still has a little bit of room (but not much) to lower her nadirs (62 on 10/8 and 69 on 10/11). If it were my Bell, I'd let her try to break the bounce on the current dose and get back to those greens tonight or tomorrow.

Bell is in the same sort of pattern here recently where she is getting to green and the immediately bouncing. It is annoying :rolleyes:
Good points Seth!
I agree, hold until you get more experienced advice. 😘
 
Hi Carina. I hope someone more experienced helps you out on your question about dosing. I'm not really comfortable giving dosing advice, so my gut would be to hold your dose until someone more experienced can give you a review and advise an increase. To me, it looks like Shelly is bouncing from the greens last night, so any increase shouldn't be based on the current bouncing numbers. A decision to increase would be based on the fact that she isn't staying in the green zone for very long, and still has a little bit of room (but not much) to lower her nadirs (62 on 10/8 and 69 on 10/11). If it were my Bell, I'd let her try to break the bounce on the current dose and get back to those greens tonight or tomorrow.

Bell is in the same sort of pattern here recently where she is getting to green and the immediately bouncing. It is annoying :rolleyes:
Thank you so much, Seth. I appreciate your input. That sounds like a good plan. It is *really* annoying 😭

Good thing they are super cute!! 😂
 
She is bouncing from the greens she saw last night. It's good you were able to verify the Libre low. I think you have room for an increase. Like you said, she is seeing green nadirs but not often enough. The aim of TR is to get them to spend as much time in normal numbers as possible. We generally suggest increasing in the AM cycle (some cats respond to an increase in the very first cycle and the assumption is that it is easier to monitor in the AM cycle rather than the PM one) and also not increasing in a bounce clearing cycle (you don't want to add to the momentum of bounce clearing with an increase).

How long till her PM shot is due?
 
She is bouncing from the greens she saw last night. It's good you were able to verify the Libre low. I think you have room for an increase. Like you said, she is seeing green nadirs but not often enough. The aim of TR is to get them to spend as much time in normal numbers as possible. We generally suggest increasing in the AM cycle (some cats respond to an increase in the very first cycle and the assumption is that it is easier to monitor in the AM cycle rather than the PM one) and also not increasing in a bounce clearing cycle (you don't want to add to the momentum of bounce clearing with an increase).

How long till her PM shot is due?
That all makes sense. She already had her PM shot. Her AM shot is in 11 hours. Should we plan to increase in the morning assuming tonight is stable?
 
Back
Top