Unfortunately, it was imminent and I forgot to refresh my screen. I shot .1. How does that affect things going forward? Thanks for the quick response, even though I didn’t see it.How long until Mia’s shot time?
What happens if I didn’t wait a week? .Sorry nobody got to you this morning. With SLGS once a reduction is earned you need to wait a week before increasing if the dose turns out to not work out.
If I go from .1 to one drop, is there much depot to be had? That’s what concerned me this morning .. that there may not be any real reservoir to draw from and the high numbers would continue. I know I jumped the gun on the week .. she was losing her appetite and peeing more, more lethargic. Even though she perked up after the .1 again, after tiff’s reply I went back to one drop this evening. So, now just sit there for the week, even if numbers are higher and her symptoms come back?When following SLGS, you reduce if they go under 90. Which she did today.
If you increase too soon after a reduction, you don't give the depot the chance to stabilize and you don't see what the dose is really capable of. Even under TR you would have held the drop dose for longer.
Another question, please. If I am on one drop and she goes under 90 again, in less than a week .. the only place to go is no insulin? Even if she hasn’t consistently had green numbers, or low blues, for a good period of time?When following SLGS, you reduce if they go under 90. Which she did today.
If you increase too soon after a reduction, you don't give the depot the chance to stabilize and you don't see what the dose is really capable of. Even under TR you would have held the drop dose for longer.
That sounds like a good idea! Thank you. Do you have some guidance on how to choose the number? I looked at Mia spreadsheet and she has been down to the low 80s a few times, but not consistently enough in green to warrant taking her off insulin .. so, do you think 75 would be a good reduction threshold?We might suggest you try lowering the reduction rate a bit. You do test enough to try that. Before a cat is ready to try without insulin, they need to be mostly green with just a few blues, but under 120.
Ok, thanks. Why can’t I take her back to .1 for awhile? Obviously, I still am not grasping the workings of all this ….Down to 75 is a big drop down. Maybe try under 80 first. That would have allowed her to stay on 0.1 longer, and she was getting some good greens on that dose. I'm trying to balance your ability to monitor with getting too close to the TR reduction point. It's also better to try changes slowly, and see how she responds.
Oh, finally starting to get it. For better or for worse, just go with 7 days. I was functioning thinking it applied to the reductions end, but backtracking to a higher dose was more fluid. However, I just went back and reread the sticky .. seems I forget pieces of it regularly! I’m sure I’ll be back in the future with some cloud of confusion .. Thanks again.You can take her back up to 0.1 units after 7 days at the drop. She's only had two cycles in a row at this dose since you reduced. You need to give time for the depot to stabilize and show you what the drop dose can do. That takes time.