Zolbaline B12

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Misterbeesmom, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misterbeesmom

Misterbeesmom Well-Known Member

Just got our zobaline today. So happy! I have 2 questions please

What starting dose have you tried? Bottle says 1 tablet per day which is 3mg. My kitty is deficient but did start getting shots a couple weeks ago. I'd like to use both the methyl in addition to the type for injections.

Why is vit B12 pink? I ground up the pill and put it in mr b's food and it was pink! The injection solution at the vet was pink but i didnt really think about it at the time. I see no coloring agent in the ingredients. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Critter Mom likes this.
  2. Blamethecats and Hannah

Blamethecats and Hannah Member

Hi, Jen. Hannah also gets Methylcobalamin, in her case, for neuropathy. We currently use the Vitacost version, one 5,000 mcg per day (5 mg). We've used Zobaline in the past and found it to be equally good. With the Zobaline, Hannah was given the recommended dose of a 3 mg tablet each day. Both versions, when mixed with food, turn a dark pink or red color... why I don't know. Some of our more science-savvy members will probably be able to answer that for you. Hannah's current dose of the Vitacost version is obviously a larger dose, but any excess is eliminated in the urine, as Methyl B12 is a water-soluble vitamin. Unlike Mr. Biddles, Hannah doesn't get injections. Hope this helps, at least a little. Best wishes.

Critter Mom and Misterbeesmom like this.
  3. Misterbeesmom

Misterbeesmom Well-Known Member

Thanks carole that helps. Mr b has neuropathy as well and has lost a lot of hind leg strength. I'm hoping the b12 helps.

4. Blamethecats and Hannah

Blamethecats and Hannah Member

@Misterbeesmom, I forgot to mention what a handsome kitty Mr. Biddles is! It appears that he's wearing a bow tie... or am I imagining that? Either way, good lookin' kitty!!

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.