Zoey all over the place!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Zoey & Carol, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoey & Carol

Zoey & Carol Member

Can someone please check over Zoey's spreadsheet for the last few weeks? She has been up and down and very inconsistent. Sometimes she is too low to shoot. I'm hesitant to shoot anything below 200 because I'm not home during the day and I don't want her to go too low. It seemed like her nadirs were getting too low so I decreased the dose by .2 a couple of times. I'm now down to .6!

I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing or not.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I am assuming she probably drops a little lower at night and then bounces up for amps. I think you are doing fine. If you'd want to try it, maybe drop the dose to .4 and see if you get a lower amps and shootable pmps. The goal is to keep her in good numbers as much as possible (under 250ish) and continue to drop the dose a smidge each time she drops overall. Very promising numbers!

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Her need for insulin is dropping and it might be a sign her pancreas is working in fits and starts. I see that you've moved shot times frequently over the last few weeks because of dropping PSs. That created a variety of different intervals between shots and maybe, because of that, some overlapping of doses, etc. I always try to do whatever reduces the number of variable/complicating factors when numbers are all over the place. Maybe try to stick to every 12 hours dosing unless a PS is very low? There are a few PSs - eg.Nov. 12 AM, Nov. 7 PM, Nov.14 PM - when you might have tried a smaller dose instead of stalling for various intervals. That way you could standardize the dosing schedule and have one less variable working at creating havoc.

4. Zoey & Carol

Zoey & Carol Member

Kris,
    What would you think is a good no-shoot number for her since I'm gone during the day except for weekends? She's never gone hypo (that I'm aware of) but she has gone pretty low a few times. I agree that trying to chase a good number gets pretty frustrating. I just want to do what's best for her. I am hoping that her pancreas is starting to work!

Sue,
    I do think I'll try the .4 and try to check her throughout the weekend.

Thanks both of you for your advice. I'll update you after the weekend!

Carol

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Hi Carol,
    First and foremost you want to keep Zoey safe and also do only what you're comfortable with. My opinion is that you could use around 150 as your no shot number, perhaps experimenting with that on a weekend to see what happens when you can monitor. If BG is between 150 and 200 or so, maybe give a "chicken !#&%! dose" of 1/3 to 1/2 of the average dose you're giving at that point in time. As you accumulate more data from these experiments you'll have a good reference to guide you through these tense situations.

Sue and Oliver (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.