Zobaline for twitching?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mucacopatarica, Sep 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mucacopatarica

mucacopatarica Well-Known Member

Is it possible that Zobaline is not good just for neuropathy but even for other nerv problems? My sweet sweet Tačka was twitching a lot with face muscles in spring. Than have i oredered Zobaline but not for that-i ve ordered it because i thought it will help her walking (it didnt because she dont have neuropathy obviously, but arthritis is the problem). I noticed that Tačka havent been twitching with face whole summer. Now twitching is back. And i was thinking-like a week now-what was different through the summer, and than i remember: I was giving her Zobaline in June and July and now she is one month and a half off. Maybe Zobaline is good even for that problem. Now i have ordered new Zobaline and i am anxious if this is it?
    Is my theory possible? What do you think?

Critter Mom likes this.
  2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Very interesting topic. Very interested in any experiences people may share.

Mogs

3. Misterbeesmom

Misterbeesmom Well-Known Member

short answer: I don't know,

but it cant hurt to give her zobaline, and then you can see if the twitching stops.

I can tell you mrbee had lots of twitching going on several months ago, lots of it in the face mostly. it went away after getting better control of his BG, and after stopping the high carb food the vet (!) had given us. mind you we never had great glucose control, and he still has yet to get regulated, but the twitching was a particularly bad time for him. he was having trouble sleeping too during that period. we had even seen a neurologist at the time who came up with nothing. we were not on zobaline back then. we did start zobaline later on but if memory serve me right, it was well after the twitching was over, and to help him with his legs and b12 deficiency.

I blame his twitching on high carb food and not enough insulin, though we don't have conclusive word on that. but that's just us and might not be the case with your cat. maybe the twitching is part of the neuropathy on your kitty, or maybe it is part of a b12 deficiency- ? . do you know if she has been tested for this deficiency?

4. mucacopatarica

mucacopatarica Well-Known Member

I dont know if she was tested for this deficiency. They didnt tell me that. But as i know it cant be too much B12 in system, because body is eliminating the excess of B12 through the urine and because of that i decided to buy another pack of Zobaline.
    Its true that Tačka doesent have great glucose control lately. I have been gradually increasing doses again. But this is really interesting, soon after first tablets of Zobaline she stopped twitching. I am really curious if she will stop twitching now too. I will tell you the result :)
    Oh and Tačka is on wet food all the time (max. 5% carbs) and she was mostly on raw food before the diagnosis so that is not a problem i think.

5. Misterbeesmom

Misterbeesmom Well-Known Member

yes please let us know if she improves again. I hope she does. It would be interesting if there was a connection there. :)

6. Deborah & Muffy(GA) & Wendall

Deborah & Muffy(GA) & Wendall Member

Yes, your theory is correct. Methylcobalamin is essential for brain and nerve health which is why it can help with neuropathy, but it's also good for other neurological problems. I treated one of my diabetics with it for facial twitching and it helped.

For arthritis, you may want to consider Adequan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.