Zobaline 3 mg

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi everyone , my poor Kitty's hind legs are weak, yes he is walking like a rabbit on his back legs. I have been giving him one pill a day, it's been around 2 weeks now. I hate to see him walking like this. I know some have said it could take months to see a difference, I'm just afraid it won't help him. Has anyone ever given more than one pill per day. Thanks

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Mamakin, I'm sorry to hear about kitty's neuropathy. I know that other members who have dealt with this condition will chime in. I would like to suggest that you create a signature so that we know more about your furbaby. This is information that displays whenever you post. Here is a link on how to do that: SIGNATURE
    I remember that you said you were going to begin home testing, how are you doing with that? It's a patience and practice process, and we can help if you have questions. It's best to record insulin injections, doses and times, plus the blood sugar levels when you test. We have a spreadsheet just for that purpose and then members can see the patterns and give you some input. Here is a link to the creation and understanding the spreadsheet: SPREADSHEET If you need help with the spreadsheet there are members who are wizard with them.

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hi yes I was wondering what signature was lol. I will definitely set it up. I haven't started home testing yet, I took him to the vet this Monday 10-15-18 and his sugar went down to 223 from 489 in one week. I started him on the Hills M/D over a week ago, took away the Iams dry and he seems to like it a lot. On 10-29-18 Monday my vet is going to do the curve test. After that I will start doing the testing at home. He's still on the 4 units of Vetsulin. Between taking care of his brother who has Stage 2 kidney disease and his seizure medication I'm going nuts. His brother is doing ok thank God. He's on Keppra 3 times a day and phenobarbital twice a day. This all started 4 yrs ago with him. But he hasn't had a seizure in a very long time. I will definitely do what you suggest with the signature and spread sheet. I'm just hoping the Zobaline will help Tyoer .Thanks so much

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I gave 2 a day to my previous kitty. Once there was improvement I gave the 1 pill a day.

JanetNJ likes this.
  5. Idjit's mom

You could begin testing right now, you don't have to wait. You have seen that the BG is coming down with the diet change, and that's great. However the Hills m/d is still too high in carbs. There are many other choices that are lower carb and much less expensive. You are still shooting blind (that is without testing before giving insulin). That is not a good idea. You don't know for sure that it's safe. You can do your own curves at home, going to the vet is stressful for kitty, and raises BG. Plus it's more $$ out of your pocket. It sounds like you have enough expenses with insulin, cat food, other kitty supplies, plus the other kitty's meds.
    Having the peace of mind with home testing is wonderful, and helps your cat stay safe. It is a learning curve, but it's one of the best tools you have to help your kitty get better.
    You may want to read the information on Neuropathy in this link: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/feline-diabetic-neuropathy-weak-back-legs.178252/

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thanks so much, I'm sure 2 pills a day won't cause any harm, I think I'll give him 2 a day Thanks so much

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Any excess is excreted out. I gave them 12 hrs apart so there was a constant level maintained. Don't know whether that happens but I thought it was better.

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yes you are absolutely right. My vet showed me the last visit how to prick his ear. I am going to order the meter now the Alpha Trak that's what my vet uses. I'm going to have to bring him in then so she can watch me do it. Like I said I showed her the Fancy Feast Classic Chicken Pate and she told me she didn't like it for a reason which I totally forgot to ask her the last visit. But I remember she said it could cause another health problem which she has seen in many cats. I have to say my vet isn't one to push things in me such as the food. I'm going to call her tomorrow and ask her about the Fancy Feast again. Of course I would love to save money and keep my cat from being stressed out. I thank you for all the info. I just read the article

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    JanetNJ likes this.
  9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you so much

10. Idjit's mom

You don't have to use Fancy Feast, there are many other alternatives that are low carb. There are Weruva varieties, Tiki Cat After Dark, just a couple among many.
    Most of us use a human meter, simply because of the cost of strips..about $1 a strip. And you have to order online, and wait for delivery. Lots of us choose the ReliOn Confirm or Micro from Walmart. Low cost for meter and strips, and the strips are available if you start running low or out, which you do not want to do. The protocols here are written for human meters, and will still give you the patterns in Tyler's BG readings. We started with AlphaTrak and it's a good meter. I just wanted to be able to get what I needed, when I needed, and be able to afford it.

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

I'll look into the other food choices. Thanks

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

13. Diane Tyler's Mom

Idjit's mom I will definitely look into the other cat foods, Thank you

14. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

If you want to save a little money with the Alphatrak, I've found insulix strips work well in the alpha and are only $30 for 100 strips. I keep alpha strips too just to be sure if a reading seems weird.

15. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you what is the name of them

16. Diane Tyler's Mom

Looking at the spreadsheets people have done, I have no idea what amps mean or what +1, .+2,. etc mean. Lol. I haven't tried setting one up yet, I'm reading about how to do it. I have an an Android tablet. Boy this really is confusing to me, but I will try

17. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

Hiya! So. I'm still a bit new and I totally understand being overwhelmed by the spreadsheets. When I started looking at them, they absolutely intimidated me. But! Once you know what all the stuff is there for, it's a lot easier. So, spreadsheet lingo:

AMPS- AM (morning) pre-shot, which is kitty's blood sugar number before you feed or give insulin
    All the little +numbers after that track the hours AFTER you give insulin, so if you test again two hours after your shot, it'll go in the +2 slot on the spreadsheet.
    That will take you all the way over to PMPS, which is your evening pre-shot number.

Mine are at 3 am and 3 pm, for example, so if I want to test my kitty again around 6pm before he gets first dinner, that's a +3 on the spreadsheet AFTER the PMPS. You're basically dividing your day into two twelve-hour-chunks of time, since we dose insulin twice daily, twelve hours apart.

There's a little slot for your dose of insulin (mine's at .75 right now) and a blank space aaaaaaaaaalll the way over if you want to throw in notes to explain why something's wonky (like mine's got a note or two about vet visits, which drive Sherlock's numbers way up).

Does that help?

Idjit's mom likes this.
  18. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you so much, yes it explains a lot, lol .Hopefully I'll get the hang of it.

19. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

You totally will. I'm only just getting into a rhythm, but checking in here keeps my anxiety way down. You're in a good place to figure it out, ask questions, and get all the support you need along the way!

20. Laura bb

Laura bb Member

I am still new to this too. I was really, really nervous last week. I have come on this website everyday and little by little I have learned so much on how to take care of my cat. It is starting to get a little easier to test and shoot insulin everyday. Keep coming back here and you will learn a whole lot of information on feline diabetes. I know I did-and I am still learning!

21. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thanks so much

22. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank so much

23. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yes can you tell me the name of the strips

24. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Insulinx. Look on amazon.