Ziwipeak - loose stools?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Misterbeesmom, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misterbeesmom

Misterbeesmom Well-Known Member

I've been trying to figure out this pooping problem mr b developed a few days ago. You're probably all sick of seeing me by now on this topic.

I first heard of Ziwi here, so I'm hoping the other people who have given this food a try will chime in.

We started ziwipeak 4/30.

6 days into our ziwipeak, he started with loose stools. Soft formed, sometimes kinda normal, and some with mushie pudding poo. The color seems to be lighter too. sorry about the graphics. I was wondering if it was our brief encounter with Renew Life probiotics, which I stopped right away (took it for prob 2 days), or the b12 tablets somehow, which I stopped. He is still having problems and pooping far more frequently than usual. Like, 3 x day instead of 1.

Is this consistent with anyone else's experience with Ziwi?

(EDIT: actually I just found this on their website:

"Don’t be alarmed if your cat has soft stools during the first 1 to 2 weeks. This is completely normal as the cat’s flora and fauna in the gut “cleans” itself out and adapts to a new raw food diet. Once the cat has settled down the stools should be firm and smaller than before. If the stool remains soft or runny, it’s usually an indication that the cat is being overfed. Or it’s getting too many treats.")

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Lighter colored feces, especially if very stinky and larger than usual, can indicate a digestion issue and/or pancreatitis.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

For general info, if the stools get 'fluffier' - a sort of gooey, marshmallowy texture (steatorrhea) that can also be a pointer to pancreas issues.

Mogs

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.