Zappa AMPS 286

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Zappa’s mom, Jan 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zappa’s mom

Zappa’s mom Member

I was hoping for the mid-200’s . We have never been able to stay in the 200’s for this long before. Progress!

@Bron and Sheba (GA)
    @Diane Tyler's Mom @Sienne and Gabby (GA)

(Backstory: my vet told me not to shoot below 250, I decided to try 1.0 since I’ve been getting very high numbers after NS).

Sienne and Gabby (GA) likes this.
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I really do think you could give the full dose if the preshot is around 200. 250 is too high and if you want to make progress with Zappa, you are going to have to start doing this. SLGS says to start shooting doses when the preshot is around 200 and then you work down from there as you get data. Hovering over 250 will never give to you the data to do this.
    My advice would be next time you get a preshot under 200, stall, dont feed and test again in 20 minutes to see if the BG is rising. And post and ask for help.
    When you skip a dose, the depot of the Lantus reduces and you will generally start getting highs numbers until the depot fills again.
    I know it can be scary and you don’t like to go against your vet but you have to decide what is best for Zappa. Your vet is not at home with you and can’t see what is going on.
    I see you have gone to 2 units now. You need to decide on a dose and stick to it as Lantus likes consistency and if you chop and change the dose you will get wonky numbers.:)

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@Zappa’s mom
    Hi Suzanne
    I agree with Wendy 100% :cat:

If possible I would try to get some more tests in after the PMPS ,like a +4
    I know you said you work from home, on the weekend getting a +6 wouldn't be a bad idea

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.