Wits end, see spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bree4Sushi, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bree4Sushi

Bree4Sushi New Member

Hello all - I have updated my spreadsheet for my poor Sushibean who is sick right now. I've had her to emergency vet twice in the last few weeks (first time until 4:00 am Christmas day) and she's having ultrasound imaging done by a board certified radiologist today, right now as I type actually.

I wanted to connect here to access the hive mind because I fear that once AGAIN I won't have answers from the vets, or worse... I will have answers and I'll have to put her down. Y'all have helped so much in the past, any info is greatly appreciated and I'll update when I know more later today. The expensive University vet (open on Christmas, since moved care to Mission) thought it might be pancreatitis, triaitus?, cancer or another issue. I'm waiting for full blood analysis results from Mission who sent out for the testing on Jan 3rd - once I receive I will update the spreadsheet.

I added to the spreadsheet for Pet Meter with water intake, food intake, sickness and when I gave her additional meds (cerenia for nausea). I received the meter the day I brought her into Mission Animal Hospital (low income clinic), so I only have recent info on the spreadsheet. Before that she was bouncing from hyper to hypo according to the human meter, hence why I felt that the AlphaTrak would be good to switch to.

Thank you all so much in advance,
    xoxo Bree and Sush

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Your SS shay see cell notes for details/ How can I access the cell notes?
    Wouod those explain the low BG on 11/4 AM?

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Can you tell us what dose Sushibean has been on since the beginning of the year? Even if on the human meter. With the dosing methods we use here, we find it best to stick to the same dose for Lantus, unless a reductions is earned or more insulin is needed. We dose based on how low the dose takes the cat, not the preshot values. Otherwise we find the numbers are all over the place. So the bouncing around might have been from the dosing method, the meter would make no difference. You don't really need the AT and it's super expensive test strips.

Bree4Sushi likes this.
  4. Bree4Sushi

Bree4Sushi New Member

See my latest post, she prob has cancer. I'm crushed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.