Who Keeps An Eye On Individual Kitties?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Summer and Susie (GA), Jan 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I know there have been a lot of emergencies in the last few days and I'm grateful to the moderators who are helping these babies and their owners. I just want to know if there are individual moderators assigned to all the cats in this group that are diabetic? Is there someone assigned to my Susie or is it just a random check on her well being? I just want to know if someone is watching her specific test or if it is up to me to "raise a red flag" if I am concerned. Thank you. You are all great and very busy.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Nobody is "assigned" but if you have a question, you can add the ? prefix to your subject line.

As people scan the board, they look for 911's to deal with first, then subject lines with ? and then those with no prefix at all .

It can be helpful to also put your test results into your subject line..like "date, name, AMPS ### (and then update as new test results are done) it lets people scan the board quickly and if we see numbers dropping quickly on a particular cat, we'll try to get to them ASAP.

3. Summer and Susie (GA)

Okay. Thanks, Chris. I know you had a horrendous night last night with Shelly and Oliver. Thanks for helping them both pull through. I was just curious. By the way, China is a beautiful white kitty!

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah yesterday was a long day for several of us! But that's one of the strengths of the board...there's almost always at least 1 person around with enough experience to help...there just happened to be a bunch of us yesterday!

Thank you about China. She was a real beauty but she passed on Christmas Eve morning of 2018 of cancer that nobody ever had a clue she had.

Susie's a real special looking kitty too! I love the heart shape on her chest when she sits like that!

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Excellent question, Summer, and I’m glad Chris caught it. It gets really hectic on Main Health sometimes so please remember to use the tools she suggested to get some attention or tag members. Many members tag others for help so don’t worry about doing that. Ideally, we’d hope someone could check in with you every day.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  6. Summer and Susie (GA)

Susie is a cute cat. Love the "milk mustache" and her white paws as well as the heart shape. I'm sorry to hear about China. Seems a lot of cats and dogs are developing cancer these days. I wonder if it is the food. A horrible time to pass (Christmas Eve).

7. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Marje. I just didn't know how this works. If I have a question or concern I'll post.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  8. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Just do as you're doing now, if you need to tag someone make a @ and write their name, and choose the name from the list. Most of us isn't experienced enough to help, so we tag those who are. If you have an emergency you can also just write it in the title.

9. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Summer, one thing you can do if you need someone to check in on you is to tag them. To tag someone you do the @ sign followed by their name. like this @Summer and Susie

10. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you!
    Thanks, Janet. Who is the best moderator to tag regarding Vetsulin related issues?

11. JanetNJ

Anyone who replied to this thread could probably help. hahah. Everyone who has replied on here will get notified when new replies are posted, just as you got the notification. .... BUt if you start a new thread you could tag any and all of us.

12. Summer and Susie (GA)

Okay!

13. CLM1975

CLM1975 Member

Corny alert! This is one of the most positive, helpful and supportive corners of the internet. It is amazing how helpful everyone here is, people will literally stay up all night to help a cat parent struggling with a sick kitty. Or help navigate whatever we're trying to figure out, bc many don't have vets telling us all that we really need to do. (Like "Just shoot 2 units twice a day and come see me in 2 weeks." What?! If I did that when George was first diagnosed he'd 10000% would have died. This astounds me, and really has me questioning my vet, separate topic.)

But really, who does that for strangers on the internet with nothing to gain? I'm so grateful for everyone here. Thanks everyone!!

14. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

They gain healthy diabetic cats! Getting the message out that diabetes is treatable. This is an amazing website with the most amazing people ever!

15. JanetNJ

Lots to gain :) what a feeling when a cat gets out of hypo. Our goes into remission. Or is feeling better!

and we are all just paying it forward just as we were helped when we were new and scared.

16. Summer and Susie (GA)

This is an amazing site and I agree that the vets do not always give us the best advice. I, too, am grateful for everyone on this site!

JanetNJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.