Vet told me stop insulin?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MamaLovesMomo, Sep 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

@tiffmaxee, @jt and trouble (GA), @Nan & Amber (GA), @Wendy&Neko,

Hello everyone,

Sorry it’s been awhile, and never had a chance to update MM’s SS since her numbers been good.
    She had her regular blood work done yesterday and result came today. Her BG is 80, because that is +4, (pre shot was 117 that morning- I only gave her less than .50 about .30
    Unfortunately- I have no information about her +6, because her numbers are always good and I don’t check it that often anymore. I always recently check her pre- shots number only.
    Momo’s Vet just called me and told me to stop her insulin for 2 days, and do not try to poke her ear to test her Bg? She said she is scared, Momo can get hypoglycemia. She said do not give Momo insulin unless she is at 250-300? And she said- look for the signs- if she starts to drink and pee a lot again, then give her insulin.
    —- I don’t really like the idea not to test her and wait until she gets symptoms again.
    —- What should I do?
    Thank you so much.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

She cant know if you test or not. I recommend testing. Why is she so worried about testing? Its only a good thing for both of you.
    Anyway that is what I would do. In fact I'd be so curious I couldnt help but test.:p
    Good luck and happy Momo is doing SO WELL
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    :bighug:
    jeanne

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Could you put in even the last two week's worth of data? Without spreadsheet data, we can't really help with what to do with the dose.

And I would start getting some mid cycle data, and before bed data, and ignore the vet's suggestion too. So often vets say to stop insulin before it's time and don't want people shooting under 250. Makes sense in some of the older fast acting insulins or perhaps if you aren't home testing.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Without an updated ss I can’t give dosing advice. What I can say is the valued she gave you would keep him diabetic which would be a pity because I think there’s a good chance of remission. You need to test enough to catch any drop under 68 on your AT. Then you need to reduce. Now you need more tests than ever or she could go hypo. You are so close.

5. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

Yes,
    I will update. But really no more +6 information coz I tried to lessen poking her per vet’s advice.
    But, I will test Momo now. It is insulin time. Let me see her numbers and see if I need to dose her.
    Will keep you guys update.
    Thanks a lot

6. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

@tiffmaxee, @jt and trouble (GA), @Nan & Amber (GA)
    oh, thank you so much.. How I wish... She was @102 last night (+12) - I did not dose her per Vet's instruction. This morning at her +24 - she is already @ 238. I dosed her at her usual unit of .30unit. I don't think I want to wait for her to have clinical signs of drinking a lot and peeing a lot again, as per her vet's instructions. If I don't dose her at her +24 (this morning), I know she will be at 300-400 by tonight or tomorrow morning. Maybe, her +48, will be in 500? I think I learned a lot from you guys, and I believe, I am the one that know Momo much better than anyone else.
    --- I owed all these courage, knowledge and skills from you guys. Thank you. If you happened to visit NY (after pandemic - please let me know).

P.s - everything else she ate is the same - except I gave her the pill AminAvast - for her kidney supplement for kidney support (NO Ckd, but just in case). I don't think it affects her sugar.

Thanks again.

7. tiffmaxee

Hi. I’m glad you quickly saw the need for insulin. I think she has a real shot at remission but do it the right way. I looked up tge kidney support product you mentioned and then read what Helen had to say in Tanya’scrf. It looks like it can’t do any harm but I would personally save my money. Keep us posted on how Momo. Is doing. Still no emojis here so cyber hugs.

MamaLovesMomo and Critter Mom like this.
  8. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

@tiffmaxee
    Thank you. I will update her SS this weekend, kind of busy with my personal life. I have stomach problems too. Maybe too much stress. I will have some procedures this coming Tuesday, praying it is normal.

Take care, and hope the best for you guys and your loved ones and babies.

9. tiffmaxee

Hope it’s just stress. You can calm down now about Momo. She is doing fine.

10. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

@tiffmaxee,

Thank you. I hope so. But 10 yrs ago, my colonoscopy show a polyp, thank God not cancerous. If not detected, it might turn to cancer. Last year again, not cancerous. That's why I always have to watch it - cause it needs to catch early.

Early detection is better than a pound of cure.

Thanks a lot

11. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

@tiffmaxee,

hello.. how are you? Hope all is well with you. Sorry to bother you, quick question. You mentioned to me, you checked the AminAvast in Tanya’s website.. I tried to go there, and cannot find her discussed it. She had so many things there, and I got lost where to go. Do you mind to tell me which tab you went to find that thing she discussed about it?
    Thanks

12. tiffmaxee

Look under holistic and homeopathic remedies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.