? URGENT - 8/19 Christy - 265 AMPS, 218 +2.25, 83 +4.5 -Need dosing help-

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele A & Christy, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Michele A & Christy

Michele A & Christy Member

I have to leave to get on a plane in an hour and 10 minutes. Please help me.

Christy's numbers have been high. I tried to teach my mom and then my ex to give her shots while I'm gone overnight (I will not be here for 2 or maybe 3 of her shots). They both "fur shot" her, so she missed two doses.

My ex got last night's dose in but she was high overnight and threw up stomach juice at 3:45 AM.

She didn't have much of an appetite this morning, though she did eat a safe amount.

And now her +4.5 is 83.

I gave a fresh can of LC wet plus some diced liver.

My question: My ex will give this evening's PM shot, tomorrow's AM shot, and perhaps tomorrow's PM shot if my return flight is delayed. Since I won't be here to monitor her -- and neither my ex nor my mom can/will test her -- what dosage do I go with for this evening and tomorrow?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like there was a furshot going by today's numbers. 1U seems like a good dose to keep her at since she seeing nadirs in the high greens. Will there be someone to feed her - even if they cannot test? Food with the shot and once or twice during the cycle - say +2 and +4?

@tiffmaxee

3. Bandit's Mom

Sorry, I see you are following SLGS. She earned a reduction to 0.75U with that drop below 90 today so going forward her dose would be 0.75U.

4. Michele A & Christy

Today's shot was not a fur shot, nor was last night's. But the previous two mornings were fur shots.

My mom will be here to feed her. She just agreed to cancel her plans tomorrow (Saturday) to keep an eye on Christy.

I've been letting her "free feed" because she only eats when a person is in the kitchen. I can have my mom go in every couple of hours and encourage Christy to eat.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Michele A & Christy

Thanks.

I'll have no way of knowing if she dips below 90 overnight tonight or during the day tomorrow. And my mom has no idea what Christy would look like if she were going hypo (she's really bad with animals in general). Should I have her feed Christy a mix of MC & LC canned food?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Bandit's Mom

I think she will be okay with just LC. She might bounce from the green today and stay high tonight and tomorrow.
    The normal range for blood sugar is 50-100, so with nadirs in the 80s and 90s, she is okay.

Michele A & Christy likes this.
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Good luck with the reduction since she dropped below 90 today following SLGS

8. Michele A & Christy

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I saw the low number -- and the fact that she got there from 320 just 14.5 hours ago -- and kind of lost it. I started figuring out how I was going to tell my boss that I can't make this trip, which really isn't an option at this late stage.

So thank you for walking me back from the edge of the cliff. I'm still terrified of leaving her for so long, but I'm going to just keep telling myself that Bhooma says it will be OK. (I'll be chanting it in my head like a mantra, "Bhooma says it will be OK, Bhooma says it will be OK, Bhooma says it will be OK.")

9. Sugar’s Mama

Sugar’s Mama Well-Known Member

I find myself chanting the same thing often! Safe travels to you and you'll be home with Christy before you know it!

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I wasn’t home but agree with Bhooma. Safe travels.