Update: BG 52 at +5 past AMPS (Nov. 16). [PMPS a little low (Nov. 15), help please!]

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by HaileyandTulip, Nov 15, 2019.

1. HaileyandTulip

HaileyandTulip Member

Hello!

Tulip's BG numbers have been a little weird lately and I have had to adjust her dose or skip it due to low numbers within the past few days.

Tulip's prescribed dose is 1u. Yesterday I gave her 0.75u in the morning because I overslept and had to feed her early that evening due to a staff meeting. She was pretty low that afternoon (61 at +5.5, 71 at +6, 90 at +6.5) so I fed kibble before my lunch break ended. Tested 413 at +10. Had to feed her at +10 and decided not to shoot.

This morning she was at 356, AMPS. 75 at +6.5. Put out 1/2 can of FF. Tested 97 at +7. Tested 172 at +11.5. PMPS was 183 so I stalled. 182 twenty minutes later. Put out her meal after that.

I'd like to shoot a token dose. But I'm not sure how much to reduce her dose. TIA! :cat:

2. Sarah&Soph

Sarah&Soph Member

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Given that Tulip dropped to 61 yesterday and 75 today, I'd reduce the dose to 0.75u now and if you are uneasy about tonight given the lower pre-shot reading, you could reduce the dose to 0.5u for tonight only and resume with 0.75u tomorrow AM provided BG at pre-shot is high enough to shoot. Definitely get another test tonight at +2 post shot or before you go to bed to make sure she isn't dropping.

Sarah&Soph and HaileyandTulip like this.
  4. HaileyandTulip

HaileyandTulip Member

Thank you so, so much!! I am feeling worried so I will go with 0.5u tonight and resume with 0.75u tomorrow morning. I will be able to get more frequent tests since it's the weekend and will definitely test at +2 and probably around +4 as well before I go to sleep.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  5. HaileyandTulip

HaileyandTulip Member

Updates:

Tulip's BG was 247 this morning for AMPS! Fed her, then gave 0.75u.

I just tested her (at +4.5) and she's at 55. Immediately retested, still 55. I put out 1/4 C kibble and she ate about 1/8 C.

No physical signs of hypo. Going to test again at +5. We are hanging out on the couch together right now.

6. HaileyandTulip

HaileyandTulip Member

52 at +5. Fed her 6 or 7 Blue Wilderness Chicken and Salmon treats and got her to eat about another 1/8C of her kibble (Blue Buffalo Healthy Aging for Mature Cats). She's been drinking water too. No physical signs of hypo. Still monitoring.

7. HaileyandTulip

HaileyandTulip Member