Hi everyone, I joined this forum in 2017 when Hershel was first diagnosed. It was a scary time and I was so grateful for all the support I received. He has been off insulin for almost three years (he only was on 1u of Lantus for a week before he began to regulate himself), and I now only check his levels intermittently while monitoring any changes in behaviour. He exclusively eats Friskies pate. Yesterday, he vomited up his food in the morning, and then pooped outside the litter box, and possibly peed outside it too, though that may have been my other cat's doing. He threw up some bile around 2pm, and then began acting lethargic. I was about to head out of town for 4 days, and my boys have a way of expressing their displeasure when they sense I'm about to leave, so I wasn't too concerned until I checked his BG at 6:30PM and it was 21.4mmol/L! He hadn't eaten since breakfast and I was shocked. I hadn't seen numbers that high since his diagnosis. I took him to the emergency vet and canceled my trip. The EV kept him overnight and put him on an IV. They got his blood sugar down to 11mmol/L by this morning, and they are keeping him for the rest of the day to do a BG curve, urinalysis, and full bloodwork panel. They said I will hopefully be able to pick him up later this evening, but they might want to keep him overnight again. I've asked them to discharge him as soon as possible, because I know he is terrified there, and I would feel more comfortable doing the curves myself at home. I wanted to transfer him to my regular vet this morning, but they didn't have the capacity to monitor him as frequently as the ER would so I agreed to keep him there. I'm so scared and am wondering how common a relapse after this much time is, and if it's possible he'll just need another short course of insulin before his diabetes can be managed with diet only again. I feel confident I can manage his diabetes at home with insulin even if it's for the long-term, I guess it's just a matter of waiting for the vet to tell me what dose they are going to start him back on and see how he reacts to it. I also am wondering if if it's reasonable that the EV wants to keep him there for 1.5-2.5 days to monitor him, or if once the urine and blood tests are complete I should feel confident in bringing him home. Thank you so much for any insight and support you can provide.