Unexpected PMPS 79

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Fonzirelli, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Fonzirelli

Fonzirelli Member

Hello, I’ve only posted my first (several) posts today.
    It’s been difficult to get Boots regulated (10 lbs) . See my other post. She’s been up mostly, with occasionally in 100-200 range. I did check her at +3 today.

she is normally acting ravished.

What I’ve done differently today than most days-
    I decided to try making 4 mini meals rather than two regular meals of 1/2 can wet BID. instead I gave 3/8 can at 0700 and 1/8 can at 1400. (same amount but spread out)

I also didn’t give the usual dr Elseys dry food -usually I only give 1-2 teaspoons, today I gave a 1/2 teaspoon ‘treat’ after her second mini meal of 1/8 can of Dr Elseys wet.

and finally, we went on two short very leisurely outdoor excursions on a leash for the first time since diagnosis.

She acted ravished at mini meal 2 but not at dinner time, which is unusual lately.

she is in day 4 of amoxicillin for UTI.

what do you think the reason for the drop is? I would have expected her to be even more ravished with her PMPS at 79, but she ate, gradually, walked away a while, came back, ate some more. (3/8 can dr Elseys)

I’m concerned that the dry Dr Elseys isn’t as good as the company rep said / the atNA lists if that’s what made that much of a change.
    what should I do with her insulin? Obviously I won’t give the full 4.25 units PZI.

I’ll watch her serial BG this evening. She’ll get the final 1/8 can and a little dry at bedtime (about 2330)

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

3. Fonzirelli

Fonzirelli Member

usual food : Dr Elseys wet turkey or wet duck.
    occasionally mix it up with equal calorie value of Tiki Cat low carb (not all tiki cat is!), Nulo duck/turkey , or FF classic pate tuna.

Side /small amount Dr Elseys dry Chicken most days.

4. Fonzirelli

Fonzirelli Member

+3 she is now 375. Is that much of a jump just from food or did she ‘bounce’?

Deb & Wink likes this.
  5. Fonzirelli

Fonzirelli Member

And now she is walking around looking hungry

Deb & Wink likes this.