UK Prozinc Supply improving...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Elizabeth and Bertie, Aug 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

PROZINC AVAILABILITY - seems to be improving. :woot:
    Currently in stock at *Animed, Viovet, Hyperdrug, Vetdispense, and Weldrick's.
    (28th Aug)

Update 29th Aug - out of stock at Animed

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  2. Maddie Mouse

Maddie Mouse Member

Animed are now saying out of stock :(

Might I ask how much you usually pay for prescriptions, on top of the list price? Trying to work out how much it might save me vs hassle of getting prescription sorted out.

Pabs&Ro and jt and trouble (GA) like this.
  3. Elizabeth and Bertie

Hi Anne, prescriptions from the vet 'typically' cost about £15 (I've seen some people pay as little as £12, some as much as £18.)
    And it 'may' be that you can use the prescription for more than one item... The prescriptions I've had have always stated the number of items you can buy, and also a time limit that these need to be bought by (in my case it's usually been 6 months).

4. Elizabeth and Bertie

Oh, that's a shame... Have just found that it is in stock at Hyperdrug and Vetdispense though. So, bad news/good news...

5. Pabs&Ro

Pabs&Ro Member

Hi - sometimes I pay £12 and sometimes £15 from the same vet - depends which of us can remember the cost!

6. Pabs&Ro

Pabs&Ro Member

Weldricks pack their Prozinc exceptionally well - polystyrene box and four cool packs - very impressed.

7. Maddie Mouse

Maddie Mouse Member

Thanks! Does the pharmacy charge for filling the prescription?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  8. Maddie Mouse

Maddie Mouse Member

Thanks! My vet charged me about £84 for a vial of ProZinc, IIRC, so it would work out a bit cheaper even with prescription charges and Next Day Delivery (at least from Weldricks - some of the other pharmacies are a lot dearer). Def worth considering, especially after my current well-paid but fixed-contract job ends!

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  9. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

@Maddie Mouse -

I've filled veterinary Rxs at Morrison's and another local chemist. I was only charged for the meds.

Mogs

10. Pabs&Ro

Pabs&Ro Member

Hi, I have never been charged by the pharmacy and I have used pet drugs online and weldricks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.