UK - Prozinc availability (18/08)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Elizabeth and Bertie, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    Critter Mom likes this.
  2. Elizabeth and Bertie

Now showing OUT of stock at Animed... :confused: ...Maybe there was a rush to buy!
    Anyone wanting to buy online may wish to contact Weldrick's instead.

3. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Thanks for the alert Elizabeth. Weldrick's seem to have in stock, but wont ship :(

Called them and it was error, shipping now! :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  4. Elizabeth and Bertie

Oh, that's great! So glad you got some! :woot:
    .... Actually, that's really cheered me up. I was feeling a bit fed up that I'd told people it was available, and then it wasn't..... I feel like I keep raising people's hopes only to dash them again... Doh! :facepalm:

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. Hercule's mum

oh, no, I am so thankful!! I was getting really stressed out that after all the work so far to sor out dose we were going to have to start all over with diferent insulin.

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  6. Elizabeth and Bertie

Hi, did you get your Prozinc from Weldrick's OK? ...Someone on the Feline Diabetes FB page was complaining about poor delivery service....

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  7. Hercule's mum

Hi Eliz, Yes it arrived with no problem, I think? It was shipped over night with blue ice packs. Haven't tried the insulin, so hopefully is ok?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  8. Elizabeth and Bertie

Oh, that's great. Phew! Just checking. ...Someone had a delivery problem; they were out at time of delivery and the insulin went back to the depot on Saturday, they can't collect until Monday... So maybe anyone else buying needs to ensure orders are sent early in the week.
    Thanks, @Hercule's mum! :bighug:

9. Hercule's mum

I was worried about that. But because they send overnight with royal mail, it is possible to also give an alternative address (i.e a neighbour) if you will not be home. Also, it is a guaranteed before 1 PM, so you don't have to sit at home the whole day waiting for it...

10. Hercule's mum

I now regret not buying more than one vial at once.... I didn't know you can buy up to 6 with one prescription?

11. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

If it had been an Rx for Lantus that would have been rather poetic.

Mogs

12. Elizabeth and Bertie

Hahaaaaa! :D

13. Elizabeth and Bertie

Are you able use your prescription more than once? ...When I've had prescriptions in the past they specified both the quantity of meds that I could purchase and also the date when I had to purchase them by... I've only used Petdrugsonline for various meds, not Weldrick's, so I don't know if the system is different there...? At Petdrugsonline there was the option to store the details of the prescription there and then just refer to that again when going through the checkout process. Is that the same at Weldrick's..?

14. Pabs&Ro

Pabs&Ro Member

Hi My vet will give a prescription for a maximum of 3 vials in one go. I phoned Wedricks and they will send out one vial at a time so long as the last vial is within 6 months of the prescription. I am going to order some tomorrow after the wind has passed through just in case it delays delivery. X

15. Hercule's mum

To be honest... I just noticed that the prescription is valid until Jan 21st, so I assumed I could get more vials? Find very unfair that they charge me for the prescription. Do vets charge a new prescription for every vial?!

16. Pabs&Ro

Pabs&Ro Member

In my experience: yes. ££££

17. Hercule's mum

:( Is hard to trust vet groups when their only goal is to make money....

18. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

In the past, our vet has on occasion put a specified number of repeats onto a written Rx. Also, for one of Saoirse's key maintenance meds I needed a generic ondansetron from a specific manufacturer and it could be very difficult to source at times, so when I found a supplier our vet gave me an Rx that enabled me to get in some squirrel stock. I was very grateful. :)

Similar deal here, plus a sticker advising that the Rx should only be filled if the sticker was in place when it was submitted to the pharmacy, and that scanned or emailed copies were not valid.

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.