Ugh. Not a good start to the morning (blood sugar is fine, but...)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Arkali, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkali

Arkali Member

Blood sugar is fine--I don't want to worry anyone. But Gypsy started out not wanting her ear pricked (Maybe it's sore? Or maybe she's just tired of my fumbling?), I couldn't get a drop of blood to save my life, I got scratched (no blood from me, but it burns like crazy). Finally got a drop of blood, but holy crow. Dear Lord, Please let the rest of the reading today go more smoothly. Thank you. :) Maybe I got the worst one out of the way today.

Thanks for listening to me vent!

2. Lillie

Lillie Member

I know how you feel. Oh how I wished my cat was one of the ones that just sat there calmly and let me do my thing. Unfortunately he wasn't but I did get better and quicker at doing it.

Arkali likes this.
  3. Arkali

Arkali Member

Thanks, Lillie. Gypsy's been a sweetheart through it all. I think she's at the point now where she's just done. If I could translate cat to human, she'd have said, "Get off me!" :p In other news, I dug around and found a Freestyle Lite meter that's probably five or six years old. I had to swap out the battery, but it seems to be working better. Pluses: The lancet has a clear cap and the strips take a smaller sample. So the 9 a.m. preshot test went WAY better.

Idjit's mom likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Give her a low carb treat she can't resist while you're doing it.

Arkali likes this.
  5. Arkali

Arkali Member

Thanks, Janet. She likes the FF treats (Purely?) but they are $$. She's not as much a fan of canned chicken. Just got her some freeze-dried, so we'll see how that goes. The different lancet is helping.

JanetNJ likes this.
  6. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

If you can get some neosporin ointment with pain relief, would help the sore ears.and helps the blood bead well.

Arkali likes this.
  7. Arkali

Arkali Member

Thank you!

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.