TYLER'S JOURNEY #22

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@MrWorfMen's Mom
    Oh forgot to tell you I even had to have a dream last night about the human meter, it said 462 lol I can't even get away from diabetes when I sleep

Beth 73 and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.
  2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Well if you start seeing any numbers in that range with Tyler, we'll know there is something else going on with him. LOL!

Beth 73 likes this.
  3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Up until 4AM ...kinda doing my zombie imitation today ... I will welcome if he runs a bit high and I'm sure he will too ....high carb juice every half hour for 3 hours is not cool ... gave SEB and aloe to keep his tummy settled. And we are having to order Matt's gift snd have it sent after Christmas ... that's what he gets for overthinking , as he is genetically prone to do :rolleyes:

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

I think I am going to play that number tonight in our pick 3 lottery lol I see this thread is getting long I will start a new one tomorrow morning @MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom and Beth 73 like this.
  5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Oh god until 4 am, how do you keep going, are you the energizer bunny lol. Poor Elmo his poor tummy

6. Beth 73

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Linda was up for most of it with us ...God bless her ❤️

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Oh god, you both are exhausted. Why oh why do these kitties have to do this
    I hope you both saw some logs this afternoon

Beth 73 likes this.
  8. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom hey Linda one thing it won't let me do on the new spreadsheet
    is to put in 107 @+2.75. after putting in the 107 the @+2.75 should be underneath it, like on the previous spreadsheet on that SS you will see how it all fit in the square , would you take a look for me and also the word remarks is gone at the top of the page Thanks Linda @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  9. MrWorfMen's Mom

Ok I'll have a peak and see what's up. I think it's just the word wrap.

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom okey dokey maybe its the saran wrap oil
    I looked out the window before and saw the snow coming down
    Went outside and thank god it was only a dusting.
    Just to note since I didn't check the Spreadsheet yet on Ashley's tablet, its on hers
    @+2.75 - 108
    @+7.25 - 125 Fed FF Pate
    Oh and please check why the word Remarks is gone.
    I see you were up last last night with that little stinker Elmo you and Beth must be really tired. I will start a new thread in the am Thanks Linda @MrWorfMen's Mom

Beth 73 likes this.
  11. MrWorfMen's Mom

Ok I think it's all fixed including the "remarks". Let me know if there is any problem I missed.

Beth 73 likes this.
  12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Checking now , Yep its all good, oh a question , when I bought the pens from some one else she didn't put an ice pack in them, got them in 2 days
    I think I remember reading some where that if not used you could leave them out, I did put in fridge asap, only asking because some other woman who just bought them from her private messages me just now and saw I bought them also and is asking me if they are OK, I assume so @MrWorfMen's Mom

Beth 73 likes this.
  13. MrWorfMen's Mom

People often leave their insulin out for a night and then realize it and the insulin is fine. With it travelling through the post system, I doubt any of it was exposed to too high a temperature and might even have been quite cool much of the time so I wouldn't worry about it. If anything, you might not get a full 6 months out of the vial but they'll be fine for a significant period of time. Just watch for any kind of white flakey stuff in the vial which is a sign the insulin is off.

14. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom OK thanks Linda, Will check in tonight to see how much to shoot. Don't shoot me but how many units are in one cartridge or pen, a woman is asking me I know you told me but I can't find it , how many units total of 5 pens or cartridges would be is it 1500 for 5 of them

15. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom evening Linda
    WEDNESDAY 12-18-19
    PMPS - 153 what do you think stay with the 0.5 on the line
    How do you think he did today
    Thanks for fixing the SS also if you didn't catch #114
    Is it 100 units x 3 mls equals 300 then 300 x 5 cartridges equals 1500 units for 5 of them @MrWorfMen's Mom

16. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes it is. :)

Looks like we were a little too conservative this AM but since it's a night cycle, stick with 0.5u on the line tonight and we'll see what to do in the morning....probably back up to 0.75u.

17. Diane Tyler's Mom

OK that's fine with me and Tubby lol The snow was only a dusting, then I looked outside about 2 hrs ago and the damn crap started again. Not much but just go away
    How about you, did everything ice up @MrWorfMen's Mom

18. MrWorfMen's Mom

Oh yeah, it was a nightmare out there till I threw the salt down. Got to go get more of the stuff 'cause I went through a pile of it. Got a dusting of snow here today too and it's colder than a witch's backside. It is however supposed to warm up by Saturday and stay that way so hopefully no shoveling on Xmas day.

19. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yes same here, next couple of days freezing cold and warming up end of the week.
    I like the pet meter a lot, stay warm my friend will start new thread in the am @MrWorfMen's Mom

20. MrWorfMen's Mom

Okee dokee. I'm heading off to bed very soon. Pooped out after the Elmo marathon last night.

21. Diane Tyler's Mom

OK sweet dreams

22. Beth 73

Good morning , Diane ❤️ Sounds like you are going step by step ready for Lantus switch ... using your new meter ..reminds me of when we were getting ready to switch Elmo 3 years ago this very month with Linda at the helm ❤️ Also Kris and Mogs who are sorely missed ❤️ Sending hugs , vines and prayers to the House of Diane today :bighug: