Trying Sheba pate’ she is devouring it.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kylee and Her Mom Renee', Aug 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kylee and Her Mom Renee'

Kylee and Her Mom Renee' Member

I ordered the Sheba Pate’ to give Kylee some variety from the FF Pate’. She is like a lawn mower through grass. She loves it. I hope it ok for her. It says no grains. I gave her one for her dinner. She wanted more. I gave her FF mixed in some Sheba before bed. Her bowl was clean. Today so far she has eaten 2 and 1/2 and it is early afternoon. I need to slow it down with her. I am not giving her the beef from the assorted box. I gave that one to my outside kitty. She cleaned her bowl too. At Chewy it is $20 for 24 packets. A little pricey for cat crack
    Anyone else have an addicted cat on Sheba?

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Not me Zoe hates the stuff...Did you mean to post this on health?

3. Kylee and Her Mom Renee'

I
    wanted it to be in off topic.....where should I have posted it. Thank you.

4. jt and trouble (GA)

I suppose here is ok. I just thought you might be confused. We dont normally discuss food here.

This is at the top of the subject page in Community

"Social butterflies flock here! DO NOT POST CAT HEALTH TOPICS HERE - go to the MAIN BOARD for questions about diabetic and non-diabetic cat health. No politics, no religion."

We DO discuss cats here just not in a health way. I think thats because they dont want to confuse new people. All health related questions should be posted on the Health board so everyone can learn. You'd probably get more replies in Health anyway.

BUT WELCOME TO COMMUNITY! We look forward to your stories, jokes, anything that takes your mind off the serious diabetes day to day worries.
    Feel free to read some of our threads we are a fun group!

I HOPE I havent offended you
    jeanne

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. Kylee and Her Mom Renee'

You have not offended me I the least. How can I put it the right place please?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  6. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Colin loved Sheba. They used to sell it in small cans and when they switched to the little individual size, the price went up and I had to reserve it for special occasions.

7. jt and trouble (GA)

Leave it here youre fine. I just thought you were misdirected thats all .
    You can also start one in Health. there no rule you cant post it there.
    Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)

People may want to know about your experience with Sheba

Critter Mom likes this.
  8. jt and trouble (GA)

I has a HELL of a time opening those blister packs. LOL I'm glad Zoe doesnt like them. :p

Critter Mom, Panic and Sharon14 like this.
  9. jt and trouble (GA)

BTW Kylee is as cute as she can be! :bighug:
    love your avatar!

Critter Mom likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Moved the post - lots of discussion on food in Feline Health too.

11. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

I don't have any personal experience with Sheba but I did discuss it with a friend who was wanting to know why her kitty wasn't gaining any weight (she's a little thing, just 6 lbs). I did notice Sheba pouches are very low in calories, 32-42 to be exact. A cat should roughly have 20 calories per lb. A 10 lb cat would have to have 5-7 pouches a day. :eek:

12. Maddie Mouse

Maddie Mouse Member

Our non-diabetic cat goes crazy for Sheba pouches, and we have to give her 3 a day because of their low calorie content. The pouches are around 60 kcal each, whereas Perfect Portions paté is only 41 - you do the maths!

I don't give Sheba to Maddie because most varieties contain plant protein and/or "various sugars". Most of the foods I'm giving her are at least 75 kcal per tray/pouch and contain only animal protein, so although they're more expensive individually, they're more filling and work out only slightly more expensive than the "cheap" stuff. I'd suggest brands but I'm in the UK and most of the good stuff comes from Germany.

13. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Has your friend had her vet do a once-over for her kitty (just to make sure there's no health issue behind the lack of weight gain)?

If there are no underlying health issues it might be worth her trying to give kitten food to her cat to help her gain the weight she needs. It's more calorie-dense.

Mogs

jt and trouble (GA) and Panic like this.
  14. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Yes, she's taken her to a couple vets who say she's fine, just small. She fed kitten food for a while which helped some, but she's picky. We think part of it is she just doesn't eat a lot in general. :confused:

15. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Glad there are no lurgies in play. Does your friend check her little one against a body condition chart? I found the best way to manage a kitty's weight is to assess the cat against the body condition chart, keep a daily record of food type and amount eaten, and do weekly weight checks (basic digital baby scales are good for this - reasonable prices on eBay/Amazon). If underweight, feed a little more; if overweight feed a little less until gradually returned to ideal weight.

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.