Triaditis

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LauraLoo, Apr 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LauraLoo

LauraLoo New Member

Hi all. My 15 year old boy Yoshi has been diabetic two years and on Lantus. He has never been under good control and we have tried many things. My new vet wanted to look at his insides with an abdominal ultrasound, suspecting inflammation. He was diagnosed after the ultrasound, urine, and bloodwork with triaditis- inflammation of his liver pancreas and intestines, as well as gallstones and beginning kidney disease. He put him on gabapentin and amoxicillin and two week later redrew his blood and his liver and kidney enzymes are getting worse. Could gabapentin be the cause? Yoshi has a good attitude and appetite. Does anyone have experience with liver inflammation and did anything help? Milk thistle? Anyone have any success with other meds for triaditis? Thank you.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Laura! Welcome to the FDMB!

I don't have any experience with Triaditis but if you do a search, you should find quite a few posts with others that are dealing with it. Hopefully you'll hear from some others too. It's kind of late for tonight.

3. NyCatMom

NyCatMom Member

Hello, No one has used the actual term triaditis with my cat but we have a list of findings ( GI small cell lymphoma, chronic pancreatitis, DM, mottled liver, cardiac changes)...the list keeps going. Adding all the aliments together seem to contribute to insulin resistance. Honey is not well regulated either. We keep searching for a silver bullet though. I don't have an answer for you but wanted you to know you are not alone in this. Hang in there. :bighug:

4. NyCatMom

NyCatMom Member

PS - I had another cat years ago with liver disease. The vet recommended something called Demarin and it seemed to help. Lots of antioxidants but I'd check with your vet before using

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.