Tom freaks mom out....AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Anonymous, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok, yesterday i decided to do a curve becuase i just got a new delivery of strips. the strips are for my accu-check aviva. we had been working off his one touch ultra.
    so i finished off my strips of one touch and got a pretty predictable curve and at pmps i open his accu-check strips and do the pokey. 106!!!!! we have'nt seen a # like that in...ever! and i have not testing solution.
    this mornings amps...206! i'm like COME ON, it's supposed to be 280-300 as usual, especially with no evening shot.
    so i go to the pharmacy and buy FULL PRICE one touch strips so i can compare becuase you know that i just HAVE to know. just did his +6 and off the same big drop of blood in a 2 second span (i'm good) i got a reading on both meters. 92 and 98.
    WHY DID TOM WAIT UNTIL I SWITCHED METERS TO DIP?
    JUST TO FREAK MOM OUT THAT'S WHY.
    and to cost me 31 dollars for 25 strips,
    still that is soooooo a tom thing to do. ohmygod_smile

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Ugh, I hate switching meters just because of that variability.

What a great reading for Tom, though! :)

3. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

he was saving those numbers for a special occasion-- like new meter day :D
    ( and maybe he wanted to get you out of the house to the store so he could get into something? or have some extra nip ? or for some cosmic reason that you needed to be there?? hey w/ cats you never know ;-) )

Hope those pretty numbers continue and he gets back otj soon ! that would be worth a pack of pricey strips wouldn't it?

thanks for the words or support and shared experience on wolfie's post lori. very much appreciated . ( but you know I'm still going to worry-- as would you, if it were tom )

4. Nicole and Napoleon

Nicole and Napoleon Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear Tom is doing well. It always works that way, you prepare yourself and things like this happen. I went out last week and paid $62 - that was with a $10 coupon - for test strips at CVS cause I didn't think the ones I ordered off ebay for $20 would get here fast enough and I ended up getting them 2 days later :shock:

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and of course one day later tom's numbers are right back to what they used to be amps 140 pmps 280. coincidence---i think not. tom loves to pull a prank on his mama bean. :lol:
    and cheryl your right, i'd be worried all over the place if it were tom. but i would try to stay nuetral...i've had alot of experience the last couple of years with "what will be will be" and trying not to fight it....but to know what is already is. very deep huh?
    just giving you hugs as you wait for your results with wolfie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.