GA Tizon (May 1996-March 2015)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Helene & Tizon, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

My sweet baby Tizon,

I love you and always will!

We met when you were a tiny little kitten in the summer of 1996. You were so small you could hardly use the stairs. You used to knead us a lot, you would try to get a drink from our elbow and knee creases and you would suck on the end of your tail. I remember you chasing the hockey puck on TV and get into all kinds of mischief. I also remember when you escaped our townhouse in Trenton and that I had to go looking for an all grey cat in the dark and locked myself out of the house! You have stolen banana muffins from your daddy’s lunchbox and have always loved wheat!

You mourned the loss of your sister Mousse and adjusted to your new sibling Fred who gave you a taste of your own medicine.

Together we faced several challenges including how to treat feline diabetes. It took me one month to have enough courage to use the glucometer on you. You knew I was trying to make you feel better and that I had to overcome my own fears – not to mention learning to treat diabetes on the internet! Both you and I know that the folks at FDMB were instrumental in your treatment and recovery. I’m sure you are as grateful to them as I am. I have fond memories of you sitting on the people scale waiting for me to test, shoot (insulin) and feed you. The first time I had to give you insulin by myself, I was a basket case and you were rather indifferent. Sometimes I’d forget that you’re a cat! The first time the insulin was effective and your blood sugar level dropped into normal range, I nearly needed a defibrillator…. all you wanted was gravy. It wasn’t soon after that, that your pancreas started to heal and then I was terrified of overdosing you. You received your last shot of insulin on September 25 2009. You were so good, so tolerant, and so cooperative. I thank you for being with me through this challenge; I learned a lot and met all kinds of very nice people including some who brought glucosamine across the border for you.

After your diabetes was controlled only by your diet, I took you to the dentist in Guelph and he removed all you teeth. I can’t imagine the pain you endured with those rotten teeth. After a few days of hiding in the closet high on drugs, you faced life without teeth like a champion. Nothing could get in your way of your food and your favourite, ham and an occasional fry from McDonald’s. You were a smart cookie and it didn’t matter if the snack machine was on a timer, if you were hungry enough, you got it to open.

For years now you have not been able to jump on furniture, but we have assisted you to make sure that you don’t miss out on cuddles. You mostly prefer to snore away in one of your two beds and have never liked the third bed I got for you. You have always enjoyed chasing a laser light. You have always been a talker and a howler and you have woken me up at night on more occasions that I can count. You know that my frustration with you wasn’t because I didn’t love you – 4 AM is just too damn early. I’m sure you’ve heard me say to your dad, one day you’ll be old and you’ll be happy that someone looks after you.

Your recent diagnosis of cancer wasn’t easy to take in. Realizing that you weren’t eternal broke my heart. A wise woman told me, sometimes the beauty of denial is getting lost in the idea that time is not a factor.

You have lived a full life my furbaby and you have been the child your dad and I could never have. You had fun, you played a lot, you woke us up at night, you ate food and treats you loved, you explored the shower and laid over the heat register. You had lots of cuddles and kisses from your daddy and I and from many of our friends. You have met a lot of people who love you and admire your journey. You made me proud to be your mama.

I thank you for keeping me company all those years. I also thank you for all the hairballs you have given me. I will miss you forever!

May there be sunlight, birds and butterflies for you to chase on the other side of the rainbow bridge. May there be friends, catnip and treats for you to enjoy. May your sister Mousse guide you through the light. May all your aches and pain disappear. Fly free Tizon, fly free….

Even is Dr. Seuss is right in saying: “don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened”, my heart is broken in a million little pieces. I will always love you and you will forever be in my heart!!!!

your Mom

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    Reason for edit: wrong year!
  2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I lovely, glowing tribute. Sending purrs and prayers

Helene & Tizon likes this.
  3. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((Helene))))))

I am so sorry for your loss of Tizon. He will be welcomed by so many of his friends that have gone before him.
    I know how heartbreaking the loss is. He will forever be loved and in your heart.

Fly free sweet Tizon and soft landings.

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Tizon.

{{hugs}}

5. Blamethecats and Hannah

Blamethecats and Hannah Member

Oh, Helene, what a beautiful tribute to your wonderful Tizon. It brought tears to my eyes and sadness to my heart. I'm so sorry for your loss. May all those years of beautiful and happy memories bring you comfort and peace.
    hugs13.gif

6. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Helene))) What a beautiful tribute. My heart goes out to you and Stephane on the loss of your beloved Tizon. He has many old friends to greet him at the Bridge. I hope that the memories of your many happy years together give you strength and comfort in the coming days.

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((Helene)))) I'm so sorry for your broken heart. I know how it feels. Big Hugs.

8. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh my no! I am so sorry. Fly free sweet Tizon, you are much loved and will be sorely missed.

I know Maui is waiting for you with a lovely uniform, err outfit with your name on it and a lovely job for you as well.

9. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

What wonderful memories you and Tizon made together. I hope they help you through this difficult time of loss.
    candle.jpg
    Lighting a ring of candles, in loving memory of your beloved Tizon.

10. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Helene. You wrote a lovely tribute to a great kitty. Tizon sure brought a lot of laughter and joy to you and he knew how much you adored him. You have my deepest sympathy and hugs. ((((Helene))))

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((((Helene)))) I'm so sorry to read that you lost Tizon. He had a great life and I know it will take a long time for the hole in your heart to heal.

12. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Helene)))))
    Such a beautiful tribute to such a handsome kitty. Tizon loved you so and you him.
    All too many of us know the pain you're feeling. My heart hurts for you...
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

cat_wings>o Fly free dear Tizon... land softly.

13. monty_dweezil (GA)

monty_dweezil (GA) Member

This was just so beautiful to read, and even as I am blubbering away now remembering my past furbabies who also touched my life so deeply, I have again realised, from reading this, tht it is so amazing how these little fluffy beings bring us so much beauty, love and how they literally do just light up our lives.

14. RobinCot

RobinCot Well-Known Member

I think that was one of the most beautifully written tributes I have ever read! It sounds like you gave Tizon a wonderful life about which he is bragging at the Bridge. I wish you peace and comfort in your sweet memories of him.

15. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

That is definitely one of the most beautiful tributes I have ever seen- such beautiful memories of your precious boy... I am so sorry for your loss. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    heartcandle.jpg

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Helene)))))

What beautiful memories of a kitty who was so clearly loved. Tizon left indelible paw prints on your heart.

Fly free Tizon and land softly. Many of our kitties will be at the Bridge to greet you and play with you until you are reunited with the ones you love best.

17. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

((Helene))

What a wonderful tribute to Tizon. I hope all those wonderful memories are of comfort to you. Hugs to all there.

Fly free Tizon. Land gently at the Bridge. :rb_icon:

phpPfAouMAM.jpg

18. fun2doimpossible

fun2doimpossible Member

(((((Helene)))))
    I'm sorry for your loss. :bighug:

Tizon was one lucky kitty to have you. Sending prayers of strength & comfort to you. Fly free, sweet Tizon & enjoy your new life at the Rainbow Bridge. cat_wings>o

19. Karen & Rudy

Karen & Rudy Member

that was one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. Thank you for sharing; I'm crying so hard as I read it. Happy for the memories you have and so sorry for your loss. big hugs!

20. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

cat_wings>o:rb_icon:((((hugs))))) so very sorry for your loss
    Fly Free sweet one

21. Cindy and Patches

Cindy and Patches Member

22. Cindy and Patches

Cindy and Patches Member

Be at peace little one...knowing you were loved and will be missed. May Squirt, Patches, and Smokey Joe...be your friends till we all meet again. I am so very sorry...

23. j_o

j_o Member

What a beautiful tribute.... Fly free little one

24. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss Helene. That was a very beautiful and moving tribute to your little one. I'm glad you have all these wonderful memories to help you through. You are in my thoughts. (((Helene))) CC_BurnURCandle1.jpg

Fly Free Sweetest Tizon.
    You will be forever loved.

25. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((Helene)))))) I am so sorry you have lost Tizon. I remember when we were both new to FDMB on the PZI board. You and Tizon went a long way and he had a wonderful life with you. I know that time will never make it alright, but I hope it will ease your pain a little. Sending you prayers of peace and comfort.

26. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for your comforting words. It means a lot to me.
    You are a very special group of people and I feel privileged to have met you.
    Thank you again!! :bighug:

27. Thaiger & Katie

Thaiger & Katie Member

Oh what a sweet letter. I got all the way to "Realizing that you weren’t eternal broke my heart" and then lost it. What a special gift life has given us to allow us to share this short time on Earth with our furkids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.