Time change and when to give shot

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Adam2020, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

Since the time change will be this weekend do I need to change the time he gets his shots ?
    I have a son with Epilepsy and we have to change it back 30 mins over the next few days so he won't seize. This is our first year being diabetic .

Wendy 17 and Merlin likes this.
  2. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

I've changed by 15 minutes each cycle, so got back to normal time in two days, if that makes any sense?

My understanding is that prozinc is more flexible and in theory you could do two 30 minutes change, and get back to original time in 1 day.

3. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Thread from over in the Lantus/levemir/basaglar forum on changing shot times.
    Info Daylight Savings time ends Sunday, Nov. 1

Same sort of idea applies to Prozinc or the other in and out insulins. But there is a bit more flexibility for the occasional time change.
    Hercule's mom is spot on with her recommendation on how to accomplish the time change.

4. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

Ok that's what we do with my sons seizure ends also. This should be fun doing both of them at the same time ..they both get meds at different times. I wish they didn't do this stupid time change anymore. Every time almost my son will seize for a few days after it.
    Thanks for your help !

Deb & Wink likes this.