thank goodness I am still testing

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by heatherovka, Apr 25, 2021.

1. heatherovka

heatherovka New Member

To be honest, I was starting to feel like some kind of imposter in here and was hopeful that my kitty had only gone through a bad spell because of steroid induced diabetes. I knew we needed 2+ months to be considered in remission, and... well... I was very hopeful that she was no longer diabetic.

Take a look at my chart today. My jaw was on the floor. After weeks of nothing higher than 110, she was 527 this morning. I even took it twice because I couldn't believe my eyes. So looks like we're back on insulin. I want to cry. Luckily I have a new vet who is supportive of my home testing. I have spoken to her on the phone but not met her in person yet. I am working on getting an appointment. (I have been laid off for months and was trying to secure steady employment again before having more vet bills. But with the spike today I am going ahead anyway.) Ugh.

ETA: I suspect my test strips are to blame. I used three different strips from three different containers this evening and they are wildly different. I'm going to go out and get a new box and probably a new meter too because all my diabetes stuff is a few years old.

Thanks again for the support.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    Reason for edit: update