Tenting and injection

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lmiller86, May 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lmiller86

Lmiller86 Member

Using the scruff, if I want to give insulin from a different angle to avoid scar tissue, I would tent from different angles also, correct?

Also, in the triangle of the tent, is it best to inject lower to base? I've been doing about mid point and have hit some capillaries lately with a bit of pink in syringe.

2. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

sorry nobody replied. I am somewhat of a newbie and I have to say -- these are good questions. We've never tried tenting from different angles the only thing we do is shoot either towards the head or towards the rear, moving round the scruff area like a clock face -- shooting at 12, 3, 6, and 9 then back to 12.

Never seen any pink in my syringe, we shoot more towards the base of the tent I guess. Never really though about it before.

Lmiller86 likes this.
  3. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

I typically shoot in the flank and alternate sides (right side AM, left side PM). This sticky has a great section on "Shot Placement & Overlap: Flank vs Scruff"

Lmiller86 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.