TC Feline MIX - Does it have carbs? can I mix w/ boiled chicken?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MamaLovesMomo, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

Hi,

@Nan & Amber (GA), @tiffmaxee, @jt and trouble (GA),

Hello there? How is everyone? We have heat wave here in NY...
    Hope all is doing well..

Just wanted to find out... Is this low in carbs? Can this be mixed also with cooked boiled ground chicken?

Thank you..

Ingredients:

MCHA whole bone extract (bovine), gelatin (porcine), sprayed dried chicken liver, whey protein concentrate (rBST free), taurine, whole dried krill (atlantic), calcium carbonate, magnesium citrate, tocopheryl acid succinate (natural source of Vit E), Vit A palmitate, Vit D3

Guaranteed Analysis:
    Each 1.4oz. by weight (approx. 1/4 cup volume) of the base premix contains: moisture - 2.32%, total minerals - 12.8%, protein - 19.84%, fat - 0.96%, Taurine - 2880mg, calcium - 4840mg, Phosphorous - 1876mg, magnesium - 216mg, Sodium - 160mg, Potassium - 52mg

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

:eek: Sorry I have NO idea.
    But I think I can safely say, that anything can be mixed with boiled chicken. Its protein ! ;)

MamaLovesMomo likes this.
  3. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Hieee *waving* and you are most welcome. :bighug:

MamaLovesMomo likes this.
  5. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm stumped too on the carb question-- there are calculators to get a rough estimate, but they usually assume the components are fat, protein, carbs, and moisture, and this being mostly bone means there's a sizeable "mineral" component that isn't in the calculator. The ingredients look OK to me, like there shouldn't be a lot of hidden carbs there, but I don't know for sure.

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It's fine. You can mix it with any raw or cooked protein. Keep in mind, though, you're mixing a powder with cooked chicken. You may need to add water or broth to it in order to get things to mix together.

FWIW, I used TC some time ago. I'm now using EZ Complete/FoodFurLife. One of the members here @Marje and Gracie, did copious research on raw diets. She converted me!

7. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

@Sienne and Gabby (GA),

Hello... thank you. I will try that Ez complete... I was actually giving Momo a raw diet before and was stopped by a vet and told me that she can die of E coli and Salmonella. I got scared and started to cook the chicken. She told me just buy the freeze raw instead of me making my own raw... she said very dangerous..
    I am really confused.. I wanted to give Momo but not sure If I will give her bacteria?

Thanks

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

The freeze dried raw is no different in ingredients than the frozen or if you make yourself. You just take the same precautions you do when cooking meat for yourself and wash your hands and everything the meat touches.

I want to make my own but one of mine has skin allergies and can’t eat EZ Complete because it contains chicken liver and egg.

9. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

Oh thank you so much.. I am considering of doing it again actually...

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I used to feed TC Feline to two of my kitties (with raw) for a number of years. I switched to the TC Feline Special formula when Neko got kidney disease as it is lower phosphorus. I think that version may only be available in Canada. After a while I switched to EZComplete, because the it was also low P and the TC Feline Special had xanthum gum in it and that was good for kitties with GI issues. TC Feline (at least here) doesn't recommend using cooked meat. In addition to EZComplete, Alnutrin can also be used with cooked and is low carb.

11. MamaLovesMomo

MamaLovesMomo Member

@Wendy&Neko ,

Thank you so much to all your feedbacks. I will definitely look into your suggestions and check if good for Momo.

Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.