Tango, 5/8, AMPS 95, +3 91, down to .1 - going on vacation in 10 days

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lori C & Tango, May 8, 2024.

1. Lori C & Tango

Lori C & Tango Well-Known Member

From 2/23 https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...3-96-need-pet-sitter-advise-on-dosing.286988/

I haven't posted for some time. Decided to take a break since Tango was doing great with consitent BG #s and gradually lowering his dose. Last post I found is from 2/23 - did not think it was that long ago.

2 days ago lowered dose to .1. I think reduction could go either way. We have a vacation planned starting on the 18th, and if we have to bring him back up to .25, do you think it would be okay if he goes without insulin for 6 days? We have pet sitters who will feed, but not test or shoot. I've had two sitters that were capable of giving shots then backed out. Mainly because they didn't think Tango needed to be on insulin and were not comfortable with situation.

Other than diabetes, Tango's doing great.

I would really appreciate to hear what otheres have done in similar/same situation.

Thank you so much!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's a long time until the 18th. I'd like to see what he does with 7 days on this dose. Too many unknowns and guesses at this point. Typically we talk petsitter dose 2-3 days before someone leaves.

Hope you are going someplace fun.

Lori C & Tango likes this.
  3. Lori C & Tango

Lori C & Tango Well-Known Member

Ok. Thanks Wendy!