Sunny had a scary event this morning

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Holly and Sunny Bear, Oct 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly and Sunny Bear

Holly and Sunny Bear Member

A strange concerning thing just happened. I had Sunny on the kitchen counter, checked his BG and it was 346 at +1, gave him a couple of lc treats and then I left the room. Then I heard him jump down (he's 17 pounds) and then it sounded like he was crashing around. I came back in the room and saw him staggering around wildly like he couldn't get his equilibrium. I immediately picked him up and brought him back up to the counter to check him out, and he seems just fine. I've been watching him walk around the house, and navigate the stairs, and he seems fine. But I had a heart attack when I saw him do that!

I wonder if he just lost his footing when he jumped down - or if he was playing when he jumped down and had the zoomies and lost his footing.... (there was a toy nearby). Any idea on what this could have been? I wish I had seen it.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

No doubt you were both startled. He may have slipped off of the counter. As long as he seems fine, I suspect all is well.

Holly and Sunny Bear likes this.
  3. Holly and Sunny Bear

He's been acting listless over the past hour now. I have him at the ER vet now getting checked out. Say a prayer for Sunny Bear!

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Holly, please let us know what the ER vet says when you get a chance.
    Sending prayers for Sunny Bear :bighug::bighug:

5. Holly and Sunny Bear

Just got back home with Sunny. The ER vet does not suspect a stroke. She said she thinks it was a hyperglycemic neurologic event. She did bloodwork and a urinalysis - his bloodwork looks good but showed he was slightly dehydrated. And the urinalysis showed a slight UTI - so they administered fluids and gave him a shot of covenia for the UTI, and said to keep an eye on him.

He's spunky and eating now that we're home. I just hope to God he doesn't do this again. I'm worried that he's been bouncing too much with too steep of highs and lows - and that caused this. ? I wish his numbers would mellow out.

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, I'm so happy to hear he's spunky and eating. Saying prayers for your cutie pie that this doesn't again :bighug::bighug:

7. Holly and Sunny Bear

Thank you! :facepalm: :bighug:I'm gonna spend the rest of the day snuggling on him:cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.