Sunday 10/11 Luci AMPS 241 Day 40

Discussion in 'Tresiba (degludec)' started by Sue and Luci, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good Morning everyone! Hope you're having a pleasant Sunday - why are all these days the same as the last and will be the same as the next? Get up, test, feed, shoot...when do we get to sleep in? Remember those Sundays? Ha! I don't!:rolleyes:

So I guess yesterdays nice low start was either the bottom of her numbers for the cycle OR she had been lower (which I suspect) earlier in the wee hours and was on her way up...up and up some more...she spent the entire day in the bounce.

I thought it was odd though, that she did not eat her 2:30 a.m. snack - DH leaves a snack for Luci in the auto-feeder which is available to her from 2:30 to 3:30 every morning...but it was there when I got up. Typically when Luci has low numbers she eats...and so I'm not quite positive about those lower numbers at the end of the cycle...that would be very unusual for her. But I suppose with Tresiba all bets are off as far as what is 'usual'. :facepalm:

We're still making our way through the newness of this - even at over a month - trying to figure out when this mysterious Tresiba depot is going to show itself...or maybe it never will.:bookworm:

And then we've made things worse by feeding the wrong darn food.:eek: I had mixed in a couple of cans of medium card into her drawer with her low carb foods - DH grabbed one last night and then I went and did the same darn thing this morning!!! He left me a note and the empty can - saying that Luci liked that food a bit too much - was that a medium carb? :eek: I check, sure enough it was 14%...and then I'd gone and done the same thing this morning...opened another can of 13% - by the time I'd realized my mistake Luci was eating 'some of it'...she'd also gotten a treat of Nom Nom and had eaten that first..so I dumped the remainder of the mistaken can of 13% from her dish - refrigerated the rest for 'what if she goes down tonight'...and there we are...she's riding high on her medium carbo dinner and now breakfast too...:banghead::banghead:

Let's hope she'll shake off the fun foods by later today or tomorrow - so there's at least an explanation for why she's up there in that lemon tree now - she probably loves it! Back home in her lemon nest...just like usual...

Have a great day everyone! I hope your kitties surf safely and we're sending prayers and well wishes to our friend @Butters & Lyla - hoping for a speedy recovery and that she gets out of that hospital soon!:bighug:

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Thank you Sue:bighug:
    I see you shot a 57 the other day?!? Yay Luci!!!
    That's too bad about the food! At least you discovered the mistake...and Luci gets to enjoy some time back in her beloved lemon tree.

Have a great day!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yes, but that was the last time we saw green for the subsequent 24 hours...'sigh'...

4. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Sue, you need to write a blog. Or a book. I just love reading your posts and love your descriptions!

I hope Luci enjoyed her treats :) Now come back to the beach, Luci :cool::cool::cool:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Oh Luci. You could've told mom and dad that they gave you the "good stuff" so they could correct that. I know, I know. Why on earth would you want to do that? Silly human.
    I know you really enjoy your lemon tree. But the beach and the lagoon are twice as nice. Come on back down and stay a while. :cool::D

Have a great Sunday, Sue :)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Things happen, one time I was shooting and there was no insulin
    In the syringe, and I'm wondering to my self why does it feel like
    nothing is going in when I press on the to inject the insulin.
    The darn pen was empty.
    Its hard to see if its empty because of the gray holder the pen comes in.
    From now on I draw a smidge over and let it out to make sure it's there.
    I felt like an idiot, no wonder why he was high for about 5 days
    Have a good day Sue and scritches for Luci :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

upload_2020-10-11_14-47-53.jpeg Have a relaxing Sunday evening :)