Smiffy's July/August progress

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Looby & Smiffy, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

wow huge difference in numbers! Your kitty must be REALLY carb sensitive! So great!

Looby & Smiffy and Capoo like this.
  2. Looby & Smiffy

Looby & Smiffy Member

I knew it :)!!!

I am not with numbers like you are though and yes it may be because you deal with numbers all day .....

I have intuitions about things that are going to happen sometimes ... when my lovely cat Harri was diagnosed with cancer years agao and given just a couple of weeks to live, I set about healing her and she lasted another 5 months ... the Vets couldn't believe it as it was an agressive cancer in her face and so very near her brain ... horrible ....

Then one night I had a dream that he eye would be bad and sure enough a few days later the tumour started to grow and her poor little eye was a bit bloodshot so then I knew by loking at her face that is was time for her to go .. she let me know and so I set her free .....

Sad but since then I have heard from her and m other cats which is wonderful because I know that they are all content and happy now.

The other things are that I think of something random and then it happens .... I used to know when my mother-in-law was going to phone me or I buy things for friends or family for their birthdays or Christmas and they day "how did you know"!

Back to Smiffy!!! I hope you are right .... she ate a little bit more of it today - about 20g I would say ...... I am wasting so much food here but it is worth it :)

In the meantime, she likes the good quality - well better quality dry food mixed in with her old food and her AMPS was a bit lower today ....

I hope Smiffy is as carb sensitive as Capoo Sophie - are all cats as senstive to carbs?

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

My cat Nikki came back to visit after she passed from cancer. She was heard scratching on the scratching post, eating kibble, jumping in a window, and rubbed against my leg. She died 10 years ago, but just last week I could have sworn I felt a cat rub on my leg as I was brushing my teeth but looked down to no one there.

Looby & Smiffy likes this.
  4. Looby & Smiffy

Looby & Smiffy Member

Cats are amazing aren't they? :)

It's lovely that Nikki came back to visit and still does - I totally believe it :)

They are so intuitive they seem find windows to come and see us ...

Lovely story Janet xxx

5. Looby & Smiffy

Looby & Smiffy Member

Hey @MrWorfMen's Mom @Capoo and all you other that are folwiing Smiffy ...

She has just eaten nearly a whole sachet of fishy wet food!!!!!

Can't believe it .... and a nice +4 number of 9.1 and her preshot this morning was not as high as it has been in the last few weeks ..

One problem DH does the shopping and can't find the Sheba fishy flakes that she seems to have taken to ... going to have to look on line for her :)

6. Capoo

Capoo Member

Well done! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Looby & Smiffy likes this.
  7. Looby & Smiffy

Looby & Smiffy Member

Getting there and better AMPS this morning ..... every low carb counts! :)

8. Looby & Smiffy

Looby & Smiffy Member

@MrWorfMen's Mom @Capoo @Alexi @Tuxedo Mom @Diana&Tom @Elizabeth and Bertie

Smiffy's evening preshot is 9.2!!!

At +7 today she was 12.1 so she has gone down - I don't understand?

She had her wet food lunch at about +4 when she was 9.1

She was AMPS 15.5.

Is this lower carb dry food mixed in with her usual dry diabetic food and her wet lunch responsible for this?

How is it that her numbers have gone down and then up and then down again in her cycle?

Do you think she might be producing her own insulin to have come down for the second time in one cycle?

This could be a reall breakthrough for Smiffy so I would love any of you to comment!

Any ideas? Should I keep an eye on her numbers tonight ... she is eating her evening dry meal now .....[/USER]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Owen & Ceci likes this.
  9. Looby & Smiffy

Looby & Smiffy Member

@MrWorfMen's Mom @Alexi @Capoo @Tuxedo Mom @Diana&Tom @Elizabeth and Bertie

Once more for the second day in a row now, Smiffy has gone down after her AMPS then up and then down again before her PMPS and now doesn't need a shot tonight!

AMPS 16.8, +3 6.4, +8 12.4 and PMPS 9.5 .........

Smiffy needs you in her life again @Elizabeth and Bertie , @Diana&Tom and @Tuxedo Mom now that things are beginning to change for her! You three have followed her since she was diagnosed and now she is turning a corner it would seem:)?

Have you seen this pattern occur before with Caninsulin - could this be her pancreas starting to work again?

Please tell me what you think .....

10. Looby & Smiffy

Looby & Smiffy Member

@BJM

I have a technical query for you:

I shut down my computer and rebooted it. When I went into drive google.com to find Smiffy's spreadsheet, I found it, clicked on it but it came up looking different to before, there was no 'share' option and other bits and bobs as there were before and I couldn't add any new data to it!

I like to keep her spreadsheet as a tab at the top of my computer so that I can update it really quickly.

So because it was not 'working', I came here to the FDMB and have got her spreadsheet as a tab from here and it appears as it used to and I can update it and I now have it as a tab from here.

I think this means that the spreadsheet that is in my google account is now a 'static' file of the page as it was when I turned my computer off.

How do I get her spreadsheet to be 'live' in the google account? Do you understand whay I mean? I am not very good at explaining technical things here on the computer.

Help!!!

11. Looby & Smiffy

Looby & Smiffy Member

@JanetNJ We can talk here more freely as we can mention dosing :)

What sliding scale are you working to for dosing?

I don't use a syringe so I can't do 0.25 doses ....

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  12. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

I'd need to look at it on your Google drive to see what happened. It may be that you have 2 versions of it in Drive. If you have several files, see if you can sort the files by name and identify a duplicate that way.

13. Looby & Smiffy

Looby & Smiffy Member

Hey!

Have just been to my google drive today and Smiffy's spreadsheet is 'live' there now rather than a static copy which I couldn't update so something has happened since I rebooted my computer and put it right!

I lost my server yesterday and my wifi so had to turn everything off at the mains and back on again so maybe that has something to do with it?

It's all a mystery to me!!!

So everything is as it should be now but thank you so much for coming to my rescue :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.