Smelly BMs, tips for first curve

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Howiesmom, Aug 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

What are some remedies for smelly BMs? Mr. Howie’s litter box deposit woke me up this morning...uffdah! He’s had very soft stool for a while and the vet said it’s from all the high protein food and I was feeding him too much due to his ravenous appetite. I’ve cut back on the quantity of food since his last visit. He’s had several bouts of diarrhea since I’ve had him so we’ve been through all the meds, probiotics, and diet explorations. His fecal test results always come back normal too. Should I put him back on Fortiflora? He wasn’t diabetic when he was on that so wasn’t sure if it is safe for sugar kitties (??) Any other suggestions?

Also, I’m going to attempt his first curve tomorrow. Any tips and recommendations? He is getting a little less squirmy when I do pre-shot tests, but he has figured out he gets fed afterwards! I’m afraid his poor ears are going to be raw by the end of the day and he won’t let me touch him.

THANKS!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I use fortiflora fo appetite enhancement AND soft stools. Burt Zoe isnt diabetic. Maybe try it then test a few hours later???
    hopefully more experienced folks will chime in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.