Side Effects of vaccines/boosters?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Howiesmom, Apr 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

I posted this AM about Howie on the Lev/Lantus forum at https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-3-howie-amps-234-3-219-4-179.245653/

I’m trying to figure out why he’s not feeling good and had a big spike in his BG late yesterday/last night which is affecting his appetite and energy today. He wants to eat but only nibbles until I literally hold his dish up in front of him. He did get his annual vaccines/boosters (rabies, leukemia, etc) at his wellness check up yesterday at the vet. I’m wondering if he is feeling side effects of those possibly (like humans)? Has anyone else noticed that? I checked for ketones and he’s negative.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I have seen one or two cats feel off after their shots. Neko's rabies vaccine always put her off. She stopped getting shots once she was diabetic so don't know how it impacted her BG.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  3. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

I’m going to chalk it up to his boosters/vaccines as nothing else makes sense. When I got him last March and he got his first rounds (with me), he hadn’t been diagnosed with FD. Perhaps it’s sympathy side effects with my COVID vaccine side effects! Thanks, Wendy!

Diane Tyler's Mom and Wendy&Neko like this.
  4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

One of my kitties was a bit off after her vaccines. I don't think it's that unusual.

Howiesmom and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  5. Pabs&Ro

Pabs&Ro Member

Pabay is poorly for 2.5 days after jabs and 36 hours after wormer. He does not have a rabbies vaccine as we are in the UK. He is underweight and I think that contributes to the impact.

Howiesmom likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

After Tyler got his rabies and Distemper shot his BG was a little bit higher for about
    2 days then back to all greens. He's been in remission since 1-24-21 and I was worried when I saw the low blues.

Howiesmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.