Shipping Insulin - ISC Los Angeles Timeline

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by _Amy_, May 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Amy_

_Amy_ New Member

I made Mr. Conrad's usual biyearly insulin purchase from Marks Marine, and it took a while to ship due to the Lantus shortage. Now it's sitting at the Los Angeles customs facility, where I know there are likely delays.

I'm curious to know from anyone who's recently had a package shipped through there about how long it took them - Marks Marine says on average 7 days, but I've seen all kinds of horror stories about ISC LA. I'm missing that easy almost-immediate process in San Francisco!

I've got about half of one Solostar pen remaining, and we're trying not to overdraw, but I'm trying to figure out if I should try and buy one more pen from Walmart PetRX. I'll be in Detroit at the end of May and also considered just crossing over to Windsor but in some ways it's the same issue - it makes me nervous to count on that pen lasting!

2. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

hi, I don't know where you're located but I am in New York state near Lake Ontario and it took approximately 3 weeks from when I ordered for my insulin to arrive from Mark's. 2 weeks to ship, then about another week in transit.

I hope this helps.

3. _Amy_

_Amy_ New Member

In case anyone else orders sometime soon and has similar worries, I'm following up. The insulin arrived today (to the midwest), six days after it shipped. It spent about two days in customs at ISC Los Angeles, so much better than was predicted. Very thankful to have the insulin before the last pen ran out. No temperature spikes reported either! We ordered cartridges this time instead of the entire Lantus Solostar pen; will see what we think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.