GA Saying goodbye to Diggy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Juliet & Diggy, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet & Diggy

Juliet & Diggy Member

Last week Diggy stopped eating and then come Sunday morning, he couldn't even drink water and wanted nothing to do with anyone. He had always been such a cuddle bug and this behavior was totally not normal for him. I took him to the emergency vet and they said his BG levels were over 600 and he had ketones. They weren't sure what caused it to spike, maybe kidney or liver failure, but we made the decision to put him down and to not keep him suffering while we tried to figure out what was wrong with him. The last time I had checked his blood on Saturday night it was at 197, so for them to say it was over 600 makes me think my meter broke or something, and maybe his levels had been creeping up for a while. Unfortunately I stopped keeping up with my spreadsheet, but the data was all logged in the meter so I wasn't too concerned with that. But either way, after seeing him in his last hours, I can definitely say that he is in a better place now and not in any pain or discomfort, which makes me feel better. Thank you everyone for all your help and support as I dealt with my first diabetic cat. If it weren't for you, he would've probably passed much sooner, since the vet wanted him on a much higher dose than people here suggested. At some point I would love to get another sugar kitty, and I'll definitely keep this website in mind when that time comes. Thank you all. :cat:

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers

3. Ria

Ria Member

My heart goes out to you!

4. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

RIP Diggy :rb_icon:

So sorry to hear that Diggy has crossed the bridge. You did everything you could and gave the final gift of love letting him be free of the pain and suffering.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

5. whiskeysmom

whiskeysmom Member

So sorry for your loss :( Hugs!

6. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about Diggy. Fly free, sweet Diggy, safe travels to your new life at the Bridge cat_wings>o

7. Lisa and Smoky

Lisa and Smoky Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear about Diggy.
    He was a beautiful sugar baby whose soul is now flying free. :bighug: Hugs and prayers for you.

8. AJHJ

AJHJ Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.

9. Sootyca

Sootyca Member

So sorry for your loss. RIP Diggy.

10. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you lost Diggy.

11. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Fly free sweet Diggy, land softly:rb_icon:

12. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

I am so sorry you lost your Doggy. His time had come and you showed your love by ending his pain. Fly free Doggy, and land softly.

13. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your great loss. Diggy had the love and care he needed to get thru the disease. Fly free sweet kitty, and you will see your mommy at the Rainbow Bridge.cat_wings>o

14. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss...RIP Diggy:rb_icon:

15. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Fly free sweet Diggy. Make sure to watch over your people from the Bridge. :rb_icon:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.