GA Sad news

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Meowchick, Oct 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meowchick

Meowchick Member

Hello!
    I haven't been on this site for awhile now but when my baby boy Leroy was diagnosed with diabetes I turned to this site and found people who were understanding compassionate and empathetic to my fear and pain. This made a big difference in how I viewed my new Leroy reality. I got good tips that really helped me care for my sweet baby. I want to say thank you. Your group is fantastic and so important to those of us that love our cats and panic after a diagnosis. I probably would have lost my mind that first night following diagnosis if it wasn't for this site and the nice people on it. Sadly on Monday of this week I lost my boy Leroy. To say I'm devastated is an understatement I held him in my arms as he left this world taking a huge part of my heart with him. He was a special little guy with a huge heart I will never forget him and I will never stop loving him. Thank you for helping me to keep him going following his diagnosis thank you for teaching me how to keep him comfortable so that he wouldn't dread his insulin shots or suffer thank you for helping me to keep Leroy going and to give him good and proper care. He was so good and the disease so awful and scary. You guys eased alot of my personal fears and again I thank you. I only hope Leroy is playing happily and waiting on rainbow bridge for me when my time comes. Long health and happy moments to you and all of your babies and keep up the good work that you do.

Sincerely,
    Felice in memory of my Leroy

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
    Reason for edit: Added the GA prefix. Fly free dear Leroy... land softly.
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. :bighug:
    I am sure Leroy is now at the rainbow bridge playing with all the other kitties:rb_icon:

3. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences to you Felice on the loss of your beloved Leroy.

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss:bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Leroy
    {{hugs}}

6. Kitty mom

Kitty mom Member

So sorry ....rest in peace sweet Leroy

7. Mocha aka Cold Play

Mocha aka Cold Play Well-Known Member

I so relate to your post as a newly diagnosed kitty is such an overwhelming struggle and this forum is like getting a hug when you need it. May you feel the warmth of those who share in the sadness of your loss and send waves of peace and comfort. Leroy was blessed to have you and vice versa.

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((( Felice )))))
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

cat_wings>o Fly free little Leroy... land softly.

9. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Oh Felice I'm so sorry to hear about Leroy. :bighug::bighug::bighug: He will indeed be waiting for you at the Bridge. Fly free, Leroy.:rb_icon:

10. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Felice, I am so sorry to hear about Leroy. I know he was your very special boy, and he will live forever in your heart. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free, sweet Leroy. cat_wings>o

11. SpecklesandMe

SpecklesandMe Member

Very sorry for your loss. He knows you loved him a lot.

12. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

So sorry for your loss.

13. Meowchick

Meowchick Member

Thank you everyone for your kind words. My Leroy was a very special little guy and I know he is in heaven playing with all of his "siblings" who went before him. My heart is so broken I never really saw this coming. I look around and still can't believe he's gone. Once again you guys on this site have proven your kindness and your compassion for your fellow cat lovers. Your furry babies are lucky to have you and those of us who have been lucky enough to find this site are lucky to have you as well. I hope soon my thoughts of my sweet Leroy will bring me smiles instead of tears but right now it is so hard good health to all of you and your wonderful babies. I hope one day soon we will hear that they found a cure for diabetes both for our four legged and two legged friends

14. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

So sorry (((hugs)))

15. Tucker&Me

Tucker&Me Member

I am so sorry to hear you have lost your sweet baby. All my heartfelt wishes for your mending heart.
    And love to speed you on your journey Leroy cat_wings>o

Free now :rb_icon:

16. Meowchick

Meowchick Member

Thank you for your kind words. I know my Leroy is now free but I miss him terribly.

17. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. I lost one of my babies a few weeks ago and it still hurts. I received this poem from a friend, and posted it on her grief condo. Thought you might like to read it.:bighug:

Don't grieve too long for now I'm free
    I've followed the path God set for me
    I ran to Him when I heard His call
    I swished my tail and left it all.

I could not stay another day
    To meow, to love, to romp or play
    Games left unplayed must stay that way
    I found such peace; it made my day.

My parting has left you with a void
    Please feel it with remembered joy
    A friendship shared, your laugh, a kiss
    Oh yes, these things I too shall miss

Be not burdened with times of sorrow
    I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow
    My life's been full, you've given so much
    Your time, your love and gentle touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
    Don't lengthen it now with undue grief
    Lift up your head and share with me
    God wanted me; He set me free!!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  18. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. I am wishing you peace.

19. Meowchick

Meowchick Member

Thank you so much. The poem is beautiful and so true. I hope my sweet baby Leroy will meet me when my time comes. I saw him being born right outside my office window and I held him in my arms as he died I would hate to think that's it so hopefully he and I will one day play together again. And hopefully the heaviness in my heart will lighten a little soon. Thank you all for your kindness and support it means more than I can say

Sharon14 and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  20. Karen & Rudy

Karen & Rudy Member

I'm so sorry for your loss of your sweet little boy :-( big hugs

21. Meowchick

Meowchick Member

Tyvm he was very special

22. Meowchick

Meowchick Member

Just brought Leroy's ashes home and my heart is just broken. They need to find a cure for feline diabetes does anyone know what research is being done or whom I can write to to push for research for a cure? We shouldn't lose our furry loved ones like this

23. SpecklesandMe

SpecklesandMe Member

I'm so very sorry. I lost my sweet boy in early Sept and am still reeling from it. To answer your question, you can contact the Winn Feline Foundation. They are one of the few organizations that provide research funding to vets and scientists who want to study diseases specifically in cats. I've been working with them to set up a grant to support new research in cat abdominal cancers (for example, research on how to treat GI lymphoma, pancreatic cancer, liver cancer, etc.), and they've been very nice. PM me if you want more info on them or the process, etc.
    In the meantime, please know that we'll all be thinking of you and care very much. Leroy knows how much you love him. Cats are really good at knowing things like that.

granadilla likes this.
  24. Meowchick

Meowchick Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. They get into our hearts and then break them. I am interested in helping to increase research into feline illness. I work as a marketer in healthcare for humans and would love to help animal causes so I'd appreciate any info. 2 yrs ago I lost a fur baby to cancer now Leroy to diabetes they need to find treatments that aren't horrible and a cure because our fur babies mean too much to suffer and die young

25. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

So sorry for your loss. He was a handsome boy. cat_wings>o

26. Meowchick

Meowchick Member

Tyvm yes he was but he was even more beautiful on the inside

Jamye and Fred likes this.
  27. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

With deepest condolences on your sad loss.

28. Meowchick

Meowchick Member

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.