Repost: Should I Decrease Dose With Newly Opened Bottle Of Prozinc (Higher Potency)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Chris.K, Jul 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris.K

Chris.K New Member

Hi everyone, I read about how a newly opened bottle of prozinc could be more potent and have actually experienced this personally as well. My question is should I dial back the dose the first few cycles using a new bottle. I just started using a new bottle this morning, my cat Lilo's BG at +7.2 was 68 on alpha trak. We monitored it continuously and it started climbing back up after that reading. She is currently at 1.75 units per dose. Should I decrease the dose tonight? Thanks.

2. Shelley & Jess

Shelley & Jess Member

Following Prozinc SLGS dosing protocol she earned a reduction with those green numbers you got today - so yes, please, reduce the dose by 0.25U, new dose 1.5U.

She's bouncing hard right now from going so low. Bounces can take anywhere from 3 to 6 cycles to clear, some kitty's can take even longer. It's frustrating, but there's nothing you can do but wait for it to clear.

I strongly recommend getting PS test every cycle, every day to make sure it's safe to shoot and schedule permitting, at least one AM mid cycle test between +4 and +7 every day when possible and a before bed test every night.

Could you insert blank lines on your spreadsheet for the days you don't have test data please. Makes a difference how we look at the patterns of the cycles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.