? Remission Protocol?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Shannan, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Shannan

Shannan New Member

Apologies if this is very obvious, but I did pour over the threads to find the answer and not luck!

Albus has been doing really well (I suspect if I or my vet were more knowledgeable we could have managed this with a diet change, but not point in dwelling on things you cannot change!). Where do I find remission protocols? Albus is almost fully in the GREEN even as we have stepped him down and even skipped a dose and stayed green. Consistently BGs in the 50s & 60s, which has made me nervous about shooting at all, but so far so good. It's been 6 days since we had some low 200s and only a few in the 110-170 range.

I am planning on going down to .25 at the PM shot today unless his numbers are in the 50s or 60s...

I would really appreciate and guidance or resources you can point me to as we move through this. I am thrilled but do not want to get my hopes too high or to mess this up!

Thank you in advance for your help--I think my spreadsheet is in my profile, but just in case it's not:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pqPJ2N054GiDkD3-XCEjLI1vSc/edit#gid=361360320

Shannan & Albus

2. xelo y sinver

xelo y sinver Member

Hello, what a beautiful spreadsheet, I hope that day comes to my sweet kitty. I'm sure someone sees you and can give you an answer. I'm very new and I don't know how to give advice, also my cat doesn't use that insulin, he uses lantus. Soon your kitten will be in remission, regards

3. Shannan

Shannan New Member

Thank you! I hope it does for you as well!

xelo y sinver likes this.
  4. Nimi S

Nimi S Member

Hello! Welcome to the FDMB! :)
    I would request you to make a post on the Welcome & Main forum - using the Post New Thread option. Here’s the link to the Welcome forum - https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/feline-health-welcome-main-forum.28/
    The experienced members would be able to guide you on the remission protocol/ OTJ (off the juice) trial, or alternatively a reduced dosing if that’s what is required for Albus.

This (Caninsulin/Vetsulin) is not a very active sub-group and you will get more eyes on your post in the Welcome forum to help you getting started here.

Albus is looking good! :D

xelo y sinver likes this.