remember tux? he's in the trap...UPDATE

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Anonymous, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i hope not too freaked out confused_cat . he's got food, water and a comfy set of towels to make it thru the night. tomorow he's going to a local shelter that has promised to do their best to socialize and find him a furever home. he'll be nuetered, shots, the works.
    i'm gonna miss the little guy, and worry about him being locked up tonight but actually i know he's fed, and comfy if also scared. it's about 68 degrees now at 9:20 so should'nt be too cold. i covered the cage.
    i'm sad, happy, etc. etc.
    wish i could of kept him.
    i'll be keeping tabs on him at the shelter.
    i'll also start posting toms bgs again. they were high for awhile but the last few days surprisingly low.
    like he knew i was working on ridding him of the nuisance.
    goodbye tux.....

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: remember tux? he's in the trap...

lori that is so awesome, and great that you found shelter peeps who will work with him - I've been wondering how things were going, but afraid to ask nailbite_smile

you have done an amazing job dealing with a horrible situation - I bet Tom will be on cloud 9 soon!!! hopefully Tux will sweeten up after the ol' snip snip, and find a great home!

:thumbup :YMHUG:

3. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Way to go, Lori. You came through for him. There are no guarantees in life, but I believe that YOU have given this cat the best chance he has.

Was he hard to trap?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i had'nt seen him in days but i heard him at night walking on the roof. he used to meow at the door day and nite. the trap was out for literally one hour when i heard it close.
    poor baby. must have been hanging out hungry.
    i had'nt even been wanting to post or talk about tom's #'s until this drama was over.
    tom's #'s have been getting better and better for about 6 days. :mrgreen: check it!

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Lori, I'm so glad you were able to trap Tux and find a good shelter to take him. I hope he finds a wonderful furever home. It is really good of you to keep tabs on him after all you and Tom have been through. Tom's numbers are looking much better. I hope he continues to get Mr. P working for him.

6. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

awesome!!

and yes, isn't this weather beautiful right now! great trapping weather!

7. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

Lori,
    I was wondering how things were going for you--so glad to hear you were able to find a solution!! Hi-paws to you for making the best out of a rotten situation! Glad to hear Tom is doing better, I'm sure Tux will have a much better life after fending for himself for so long.

8. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Wow! Those numbers look great!!!

I was also wondering the fate of Tux. I'm so glad you found a solution that gave him a chance of finding a nice indoor home (preferably far away from Tom... maybe Idaho.)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHA :mrgreen:

10. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Good for you for sticking with Tux despite all the angst his presence brought to your life. I know you must feel good about your solution, and it seems like that was the best you could do for him, given the circumstances.

I hope they have luck placing Tux and that his surgery calms him down a little. Glad to hear Tom's BG is back on track too. I guess he really did know you were trying to help him.

11. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

So how did you finally get a trap? (buy, borrow, loaner?) It might help the next bean in this situation.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well, becuase trapping on my own became such a dilemma as I really had no place to bring him once trapped. Literally none of the places I contacted would take him. It's true. My only choices I thought were euthanize (oh-no) or tnr back into my own neighborhood where i assumed some folks were feeding and he knew the territory. I really did'nt like that idea either as he was fond of attacking my tomtom.
    I continued to bug the animal patrol and local shelter (with excellent reputation) until one afternoon they called me and said "we decided to trap your little stray and the shelter has decided to give him a chance" I would have jumped for joy but it was one of my deep fatigue days soooo instead i just cried happiness.
    read the "yay" post for last time i checked on him at the shelter. eatting up a storm, behaving affectionatly to the staff and VERY ADOPTABLE" as they put it. having his bits removed, getting his shots, and not having to fend for himself. all is well in the world.
    except i believe i might be known as a nuisance to both of these agencies---i don't care!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For anyone who followed the tom verses tux fiasco I found out last week that tux had been ADOPTED!!!!! YAYA :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT party_cat party_cat flip_cat flip_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat I am so glad becuase altho I was ready to strangle him I had kind of fallin in love with him too. Tux has a home :D
    plus they said he was VERY popular at the shelter once nuetered, allowed to roam freely and visit his girlfriend in another part of the shelter....he was quite the shelter favorite.
    I really have you guys who helped to thank.

14. Joanna & Bix (GA)

lori, that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a great success story, and hilarious that he turned out to have a girlfriend at the shelter... sounds like Tux, he wastes no time being the big guy around town, right? LOL!!!

thanks so much for the update - I'd been wondering about him, but didn't want to ask in case things had gone in the other direction :(

is Tom back to his old self now that the competition has been relocated, or is his male pride still wounded?

15. Sarah and Buzz

I am excited that this story has a happy ending, Lori! :) I know you must be thrilled, too. Thank you for doing right by Tom, and I know he thanks you, too.

16. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

What fantastic news--sounds like he will have a wonderful new life!!! Two paws up for what you did to give him a second chance!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tom is more or less back to himself...but he does stay closer to home and does'nt go out as often. :-| not entirely certain it is becuase of tux but i am certain it was the very FIRST time Tom (who is a big tough tom cat bar none) lost a few fights and had to back down.
    I think it made him realize his age and he's no longer king of the hill. I still applaud him when he wins a fight with the bathroom throw rug. :lol:

18. Sarah and Buzz

Those throw rugs can be vicious! Some days I don't win fights with them, so good on Tom. :smile:

19. Joanna & Bix (GA)

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.